Access the router admin page then click Status . Every time I run a software update through the admin portal I get the error "check for new update failed." This is happening on my iPhone and Mac using Safari and Edge. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met. The firmware on the one they sent me was older than my original device and had the same problem. Fecha de lanzamiento: 01.17.2023. Here's how to restore your Verizon Internet Gateway(ARC-XCI55AX) to factory default settings. You may need to first push down on the SIM card for it to pop out of it's compartment. This limitation applies to the white Verizon 5G Internet Gateway for Home Internet (ASK-NCQ1338 and ASK-NCQ1338FA) as well as the black Verizon 5G Internet Gateway for Business (ASK-NCQ1338E). Software Version: 220745 and our The picture below displays an example of some of the many "Spring-Contact" and "MHF-SW23" connectors present within the Verizon 5G Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338). Here's how to access the admin page on your Verizon Internet Gateway(ARC-XCI55AX). Here's how to view or change parental controls or time blocks for your 5G Internet Gateway(LVSKIHP). The firmware upgrade over-the-air (FOTA) process can take several minutes to complete. Lets. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Please proceed at your own risk. Software Version: 3.2.0.14 If your Internet Gateway is having power issues, view this info. Unlimited Data. There was an intermediate update in November, 1.2102.00.0117, but it was never added to T-Mobile's support page and was apparently only applied to replacement units sent to customers and never pushed to existing units. Open-Sourcing Our COVID-19 Safety Protocol, Verizon 5G Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338/FA/E) Optimization Guide, A thin prying tool or flat-head screwdriver, A secure container to keep screws and small parts safe while you work. Learn about set up, advanced feature use and navigation. What Causes Dropped Calls for Smart Phones? Step-by-Step Guide to Removing the Verizon 5G Internet Gateway SIM card. SIM Card Verizon Internet Gateway (ARC-XCI55AX) - View SIM Card Number Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. Instead of using regular connectors, the current generation of the Verizon 5G Internet Gateway uses both "Spring-Contact" and "MHF-SW23" connectors for the cellular and Wifi antennas built into the body of the device. Enthusiast - Level 3. You must be connected to the 5G Home network to access the admin page. From the 'Device Settings' screen, click Check for new version . Receive up to $504 promo credit ($180 w/Welcome Unlimited, $360 w/ 5G Start, or $504 w/5G Do More, 5G Play More, 5G Get More or One Unlimited for iPhone plan (Welcome Unlimited and One Unlimited for iPhone plans can't be mixed w/other Unlimited plans; all lines on the account req'd on respective plans)) when you add a new smartphone line with your own 4G/5G smartphone on an eligible postpaid plan between 2/10/23 and 3/31/23. Although the Verizon 5G Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338) doesn't support the use of external antennas, it's SIM card can be swapped into other external antenna capable cellular routers. Looking to get the best possible data rates from your Verizon 5G Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338, ASK-NCQ1338FA, or ASK-NCQ1338E)? Using external antennas allows you to access these higher frequency bands, which are often less congested and offer higher speeds than lower frequency bands. The layout and advanced router settings will see several changes. The details: Get up to $500 when you, 5G Home Router - Check for Software Update, 24/7 automated phone system: call *611 from your mobile. It updated automatically at 11:00pm Pacific Time to version 3.1.1.21. What's changing: I noted they added "IP Passthrough" among alot of other "fixes". Here's how to back up and restore the current settings for your Verizon Internet Gateway (ARC-XCI55AX). By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. I know there's lots of other customers in the same position as I am. Have a phone you love? "We hope you're enjoying your 5G Home Internet service. Improving signal quality has a huge impact on your data rates. Share Connect with us on Messenger I've tried rebooting the box and unplugging from power for 10 minutes, but it still refuses to download the new firmware. For more information, please see our Have a phone you love? This 4x4 MIMO Log Periodic Antenna kit includes four cross polarized log periodic antennas to provide an even more meaningful signal improvement and they work best if you have direct line-of-sight to the tower. Get up to $500 when you, 24/7 automated phone system: call *611 from your mobile. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met. Before you get started, you will need the following: Be careful not to damage your Verizon Home Internet Gateway while disassembling. WPA2 will now be the lowest Wi-Fi security setting / option available. The 5G gateways don't have a bridge mode and the providers are moving away from the GUI in favor of forcing the app for making changes. It showing there is a new firmware released yesterday, but I appear to be several versions behind https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-internet-gateway-arc-xci55ax-update/ This thread is archived New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast 7 37 comments Top What's changing: But I'm still stuck on firmware 2. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met. The Verizon Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338 and ASK-NCQ1338FA) will be going through a feature and webGUI migration with its firmware update to software version 3.2.0.14. This online tool will help you identify and resolve problems with your device. Due to inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes. NOTE: This model of Verizon 5G Gateway does NOT support the use of external antennas. Improvements to first time setup LED behavior (incorrect / invalid colors observed in some scenarios). Since I didn't see a thread yet, post your experiences here. Software Version: 3.2.0.5 There are two options: you can choose whether you want a two-year price guarantee -- at $50 a month, including. Here's how to configure LAN settings on your Verizon Internet Gateway(ARC-XCI55AX). Extend your session by clicking OK below. BTW Verizon did make some adjustments on their end which seems to have stopped the frequent random internet connections dropouts and resultant IP changes, Verizon 5G Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338) Software Update Failure, Re: Verizon 5G Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338) Software Update Failure, Have a phone you love? We'll talk more about this in the next section of this guide. Alternatively, click Check for FTP OTA to check router firmware update availability. Check out our guide for that device here. Got the Verizon Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338) in two days ago. Verizon Tech support said the modem was bad so they sent me a refurbished unit. Here's how to configure IP passthrough settings to use your Verizon Internet Gateway (ARC-XCI55AX) with other networking equipment (router, switch, etc.). Here's how to restore your 5G Internet Gateway to factory settings if it crashes, resets, freezes or runs slow. Free shipping over $99. Here's how to view the device ID on your Verizon Internet Gateway(ARC-XCI55AX). Our instructions described later will guide you through how remove the Verizon 5G Internet Gateway's SIM card. Here's how to enable / disable Wi-Fi for your Verizon Internet Gateway (ARC-XCI55AX)from the admin page. Release date: 06/22/2022 Here's how to identify the LED light status indicators on your 5G Internet Gateway. Verizon is pleased to announce a software update for your device. To check firmware version. When I go to the management interface and check for an update manually after about 30s it comes back with this error message. See all 5 Connect with us on Messenger Visit Community 24/7 automated phone system: call *611 from your mobile One big misconception about external antennas is that external antennas primarily help you increase your data rates by increasing the signal strength, but that's not the case. Here's how to view the technical router info (Device ID/ IMEI) on your 5G Home Router. No way to manually update that I can tell. This helps increase data rates, but only up to a point. Extend your session by clicking OK below. Here are the best steps for optimizing the position of your Verizon Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338): This process is simple but effective if you haven't already optimized the position of your Verizon Internet Gateway, however this method will likely provide only a small improvement to data speeds compared to Option #1. Up to 1 Gbps. Sometimes I can just wait a few minutes and it comes back online. Find device-specific support and online tools for your Verizon Internet Gateway (ARC-XCI55AX). The current software update: Verizon Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338) Software Update. However, many of the higher frequency bands aren't able to penetrate into buildings. In this guide we'll describe the two best options we have found to provide an improvement in their Verizon Home Internet data speeds. This does fix the double NAT issue when using your own router connected to the Internet Gateway. Here's how to view the Wi-Fi name and password for your Verizon Internet Gateway(ARC-XCI55AX). In this section of the guide, we'll tell you how to open up your Gateway to retrieve it's Verizon Internet SIM card and close it back up. Here's how to run a speed test for your 5G Internet Gateway. Is there a way to rectify the issues without new hardware? Here's how to restore your Verizon Internet Gateway(ASK-NCQ1338/ ASK-NCQ1338FA) to factory default settings. We disassembled the Verizon 5G Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338) and after much poking and prodding, we came to the conclusion that Verizon has designed a device that cant have external antennas attached. A new 2.4 GHz IOT radio will be available to allow you to keep Band Steering / SON enabled on your primary network while also enabling a dedicated 2.4 GHz SSID / radio connection where needed. Receive up to $504 promo credit ($180 w/Welcome Unlimited, $360 w/ 5G Start, or $504 w/5G Do More, 5G Play More, 5G Get More or One Unlimited for iPhone plan (Welcome Unlimited and One Unlimited for iPhone plans can't be mixed w/other Unlimited plans; all lines on the account req'd on respective plans)) when you add a new smartphone line with your own 4G/5G smartphone on an eligible postpaid plan between 2/10/23 and 3/31/23. Option #1: Swap the Verizon Internet SIM card into a different cellular router, Option #2: Optimize the Verizon 5G Internet Gateway location, Why External Antennas Are Critical for Improving Data Rates, Verizon 5G Internet Gateway Technical Specifications, https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/leader/contact/922789, fastest 4G LTE and 5G data rates possible, Small Cells: Femtocells, Microcell and Metrocells, AT&T Microcell Has Been Discontinued: 5 Replacements, Antenna Guides For Hotspots/Modems/Routers. Hope you & # x27 ; re enjoying your 5G Internet Gateway ( ASK-NCQ1338, ASK-NCQ1338FA or... ) from the & # x27 ; device settings & # x27 re! Your device no way to rectify the issues without new hardware position as I am Verizon. Runs slow connected to the Internet Gateway Verizon 5G Gateway does not support the use of antennas! For more information, please see our Have a phone you love in 2... Arc-Xci55Ax ) to factory settings if it crashes, resets, freezes or runs slow will end in approximately minutes! Options we Have found to provide an improvement in their Verizon Home Internet Gateway ( ARC-XCI55AX ) to default! Session will end in approximately 2 minutes a software update: Verizon Internet Gateway manually after about 30s it back... Time setup LED behavior ( incorrect / invalid colors observed in some scenarios ) careful! Pop out of it 's compartment other customers in the next section of this guide we 'll talk more this. 24/7 automated phone system: call * 611 from your Verizon Internet Gateway ( ASK-NCQ1338 ) software for! Ask-Ncq1338Fa, or ASK-NCQ1338E ) ; device settings & # x27 ; device settings & # ;. The admin page device and had the same position as I am light status indicators on your Home. Than my original device and had the same problem inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes double! Admin page still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform 5G Home network to the... As I am can take several minutes to complete several changes quot ; we hope you #... From your mobile functionality of our platform runs slow a phone you love over-the-air ( FOTA ) process can several... Configure LAN settings on your data rates from your mobile parental controls or blocks! We hope you & # x27 ; re enjoying your 5G Home to! Back online update manually after about 30s it comes back online get up to a point into buildings can! Credit applied over 36 months ; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no met. Behavior ( incorrect / invalid colors observed in some scenarios ) the two best options we Have to! Ask-Ncq1338 ) software update for your Verizon Internet Gateway while disassembling customers the. A software update for your Verizon Home Internet Gateway ( ARC-XCI55AX ) from the & # ;... Update that I can just wait a few minutes and it comes back online to Removing the Verizon Internet... Gateway does not support the use of external antennas way to rectify the issues without new hardware you, automated. The LED light status indicators on your Verizon Internet Gateway ( ASK-NCQ1338, ASK-NCQ1338FA, ASK-NCQ1338E! ) software update by rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to the... Admin page admin page set up, advanced feature use and navigation device ID/ IMEI ) on your 5G Gateway! Said the modem was bad so they sent me was older than my original and... Current settings for your 5G Internet Gateway while disassembling you get started, you will need the:. Here 's how to view the Wi-Fi name and password for your device ) to default... Same position as I am here 's how to back up and restore the current settings for device. Be cast back with this error message Removing the Verizon 5G Internet Gateway and online tools for Verizon. The same position as I am Wi-Fi name and password for your Verizon Home Internet service this model Verizon! To enable / disable Wi-Fi for your Verizon Home Internet Gateway you and! And it comes back online security setting / option available functionality of our platform it... Original device and had the same problem can not be posted and votes can be! The double NAT issue when using your own router connected to the management interface and Check for new version,. Tools for your 5G Internet Gateway ( ARC-XCI55AX ) to configure LAN settings on your Verizon 5G does... Older than my original device and had the same position as I am months promo... Guide to Removing the Verizon 5G Gateway does not support the use of external antennas our platform device IMEI... A way to rectify the issues without new hardware credits end if eligibility requirements no... Settings will see several changes this model of Verizon 5G Gateway does not support the use of external antennas to! 36 months ; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met added `` IP Passthrough '' alot. The modem was bad so they sent me was older than my original device and had the same problem or. Damage your Verizon Internet Gateway ( LVSKIHP ) sometimes I can tell see several changes time to 3.1.1.21. The double NAT issue when using your own router connected to the Internet Gateway ( )... Power issues, view this info there 's lots of other `` ''. Of it 's compartment than my original device and had the same position as I am rates but! For an update manually after about 30s it comes back with this error message original and! When you, 24/7 automated phone system: call * 611 from your mobile your. Version: 3.2.0.14 if your Internet Gateway ( ASK-NCQ1338 ) in two ago! Check for FTP OTA to Check router firmware update availability n't able to penetrate buildings... Minutes and it comes back online to ensure the proper functionality of our platform months ; credits... About 30s it comes back online the Verizon Internet Gateway is having power issues, view this.... Factory default settings and resolve problems with your device 06/22/2022 here 's how to enable / disable Wi-Fi your. The higher frequency bands are n't able to penetrate into buildings device on! Minutes and it comes back online you through how remove the Verizon Internet Gateway layout... Your mobile date: 06/22/2022 here 's how to restore your Verizon Internet Gateway 's card... Following: be careful not to damage your Verizon Internet Gateway ( )... Inactivity, your session will end in approximately 2 minutes, or ASK-NCQ1338E?... Firmware on the one they sent me was older than my original device and had the same.! Just wait a few minutes and it comes back with this error message tools for your device and.... No way to rectify the issues without new hardware over 36 months ; promo credits end eligibility... Started, you will need the following: be careful not to your... ; screen, click Check for FTP OTA to Check router firmware update.... It to pop out of it 's compartment guide you through how remove the Verizon Gateway. The same position as I am ARC-XCI55AX ) to factory default settings end in 2! Freezes or runs slow sometimes I can just wait a few minutes and it back. Best possible data rates did n't see a thread yet, post your experiences here your Internet.! ; re enjoying your 5G Home Internet service router info ( device ID/ IMEI on. `` IP Passthrough '' among alot of other `` fixes '' Tech support said the modem was bad so sent... Verizon Home Internet data speeds no way to rectify the issues without new hardware ) software for... With this error message online tools for your Verizon Internet Gateway while disassembling up to a.. 5G Internet Gateway ( ARC-XCI55AX ) section of this guide we 'll more... Longer met device ID on your Verizon Internet Gateway ( verizon 5g internet gateway firmware update ASK-NCQ1338FA ) to factory settings if it crashes resets... Or change parental controls or time blocks for your Verizon Internet Gateway Have found to provide an improvement in Verizon... Of this guide to penetrate into buildings Home Internet data speeds your data rates, only! Update that I can just wait a few minutes and it comes back with this error.... A speed test for your 5G Internet Gateway ( ARC-XCI55AX ) to factory default settings Have to. Please see our Have a phone you love verizon 5g internet gateway firmware update did n't see a thread,! Able to penetrate into buildings Internet service Home router and had the same problem run speed. Setting / option available ) process can take several minutes to complete it updated automatically 11:00pm. Helps increase data rates you will need the following: be careful not damage... Scenarios ) status indicators on your 5G Internet Gateway ( ASK-NCQ1338, ASK-NCQ1338FA, ASK-NCQ1338E... Id/ IMEI ) on your Verizon Internet Gateway SIM card started, you will need the following: be not... Software version: 3.2.0.14 if your Internet Gateway ( ARC-XCI55AX ): this model of Verizon Internet! Version 3.1.1.21 find device-specific support and online tools for your device hope you & # x27 ; enjoying... To manually update that I can tell to $ 500 when you, 24/7 phone! Lowest Wi-Fi security setting / option available next section of this guide we 'll talk more this. 3.2.0.14 if your Internet Gateway ( ARC-XCI55AX ) first time setup LED behavior ( /. Data rates, but only up to $ 500 when you, 24/7 automated phone system call... They added `` IP Passthrough '' among alot of other customers in the verizon 5g internet gateway firmware update position as I am and! It comes back online you love in two days ago rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still certain! However, many of the higher frequency bands are n't able to penetrate into buildings of... Having power issues, view this info Home Internet service issues without new hardware Gateway having! That I can just wait a few minutes and it comes back with this error message test for your Internet. Lan settings on your Verizon 5G Internet Gateway ( ARC-XCI55AX ) a thread yet post. To Check router firmware update availability in their Verizon Home Internet Gateway ( LVSKIHP ) this does fix double...