Opting for a break this way took that planning element away to a certain extent. Enjoy! You can also get married at the RiuTequila AND it has space for conferences or meetings, so an ideal spot for a company retreat (more on this later). On top of that, no tour that we went on (which included trips to Coba and Isla Contoy) had large groups. Everything you need to know about the terrace of the Riu Plaza Espaa hotel. What will a holiday at a RIU hotel be like now? Thanks for sharing , It was a fantastic place to relax for a couple of weeks! We tend to get a bit frustrated after a while of sitting around so this was the perfect location for us. In fact, any imaginable activity was pretty much on offer. Decaffeinated TripAdvisor Traveler Rating Based on 10488 reviews. Cappuccino Also, i met a lot of different couples from different countries. I randomly caught a performance by a circus group by the pool during the day which was impressive, and some of the evening shows were great. What are you, It's #giveaway time once again!!! We stayed in the Tequila where wine was terrible,but managed a sneaky glass of red in the palace which was much nicer! The service was kind of shady as well. Hotel Riu Tequila, Playa del Carmen: See 10,765 traveller reviews, 12,500 photos, and cheap rates for Hotel Riu Tequila, ranked #75 of 337 hotels in Playa del Carmen and rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Oh wow that hotel looks incredible! For info on these editor-selected items, click to visit the sellers site. For all those that would still argue that going on an all-inclusive trip cannot be classed as actually visiting the country, I challenge you to rethink. We didnt make it to Cozumel on this occasion though perhaps thats an indication that we need to book another trip! Your email address will not be published. Hi Kristian, thank you for reaching and reading the blog. The property first opened in 1995, and as the units are individually owned, upgrades vary dramatically. Would I do it for every trip no, I dont think so and two weeks was definitely long enough but when you are travelling all the time, occasionally it is nice to be able to have a bit of down time before the next adventure kicks in. Luis Riu: We are very close to achieving our objective of renovating 100% of our hotels, Discover the new Riu Pool Party theme parties at the Riu Santa Fe, Adults Only Hotels: Hotels designed for Couples, This June something very special is happening in Punta Cana, Discover the new and exclusive services that we offer in the Riu Republica, We proudly present our next hotel in Mexico: the Riu Palace Costa Mujeres, Typical drinks of some of our destinations that you shouldnt miss. Since they usually have a little left after making a drink, you can sample the excess. However, we have no control over each and every guests behaviour, nonetheless, we do try to mitigate disruptive attitudes as much as we can. Tropical Pick Me Up Bad experience overall. Glad you enjoyed the photos and your break at the Riu Tequila. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. That is my only complaint but would determine coming back to this resort. Part of the drinks selection offered in each room. They do have a few a la carte restaurants that require reservationsand include the Steakhouse, Mexican and Asian option (which is also buffet). (Rum, Mango, Lemon and Sugar) The bad Almost everything else. If the Tequila can get in a better bottle of red I would return,but I am reluctant to pay extra money for the palace just for the better booze!! If you buy something through our links, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission. Quiet as well considering that there was still an entertainments team there to keep people occupied if that wanted it. No beach or pool drink service. You can have it with or without rum! The Riu Tequila was by far the worst of the three. Black Tea The Riu Tequila was definitely the most traditional looking that I could find in this area and I wasnt disappointed once we arrived! Guests also have the option to make reservations at the a la carte restaurants -- a steakhouse, Mexican eatery, and Asian buffet, or any options at Yucatan and Playacar. , PlayaDelCarmen.com 2020 | All Right Reserved. Brandy Alexander It also has a lot of wildlife including Zerekes , Iguanas , and Coatis . Your email address will not be published. I'm Tam, a self-confessed, caffeine-fueled bookworm writing about all things literature-related whilst Paul's passion for photography means we never miss a great photo opportunity. (Rum, Lime and Sugar) It is the farthest from the beach , being located across the street from the beachside resorts , but they provide a 7 person golf cart transport starting at 8 am and running every 5-10 minutes. RIU in Aruba did not. 450 m from the long, beautiful Playa del Carmen beach of the Playacar residential estate and is set in 53,000 sq.m. Review: The Soul of a Woman by Isabel Allende. (White Wine, Cassis Liquor) Food was great, property well manicured, staff friendly and the entertainment good. (Papaya and Milk) . Cancun International Airport is an hour away by car. (Gold Rum, Sugar, Lemon and Pineapple Juice) - See 10,754 traveller reviews, 12,493 candid photos, and great deals for Hotel Riu Tequila at Tripadvisor. The Riu Tequila had such a great choice I never ate the same thing twice which is quite surprising in a two week period. Thanks again for making my vacation in Mexico, fabulous!!!! Liked: Cleanliness, property conditions & facilities, Food was average, found it very difficult to get the necessities provided in the room (soap, water). It was a great alternative for a couple of weeks to break up the normal travel pattern! Amaretto Sours Rooms and food are similar to , but slightly inferior, to the other RIUs mentioned . Unfortunately will never stay at a RIU hotel again. Disliked: Amenities, property conditions & facilities. Food mediocre, staffwas friendly but ultimately just told you what you wanted to hear but didnt take action. . Also, i would like thank Rey the bar server for getting my drinks right for me. Our room wasnt clean and we had problems with the toilet everyday. The coatis can be quite cheeky, so dont leave any food lying around. 871 930 290. Blue Ocean It was blatant and disrespectful but it was noticeable. I enjoyed reading this as I am a traveler who normally always dismisses the idea of resorts! There is a lot of wildlife, including sereques and coatis. You articles are great and very helpful. 448 out of 999 reviews" ", Rating 8 - Good. Snacks are available 24 hours in the sports bar. 2023 Expedia, Inc., an Expedia Group company. Whilst not located on the beach, there is a beautiful sandy expanse only 800 metres away from the entrance, offering you a place to lounge around, listening to the waters lapping at the shoreline, in the early afternoon sun and after all, a few days of relaxing on any break is a welcomed addition. The range of All-inclusive food offered consists of fries, fries and more fries and everything is over-heated and dry. After some sunshine bliss, I want to share with you what I made of this hotel so you can decide whether its right for you and your group on your next trip. Looking on sites like AirBnB and Flipkey, I agree there are some lovely looking properties, some that we have booked ourselves. RIU in Aruba did not. Thanks! likewise, we knew we wanted to visit certain parts of Mexico whilst there and being at this hotel did not stop us. Riu Tequila has plenty to keep both children and adults busy, particularly since guests have access to the features of Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar as well. Banana Mama 1. Manhattan The open-air lobby is huge and striking; it's furnished in a typical Mexican style, present in the detailed ceiling, paintings along the walls, and tiling on the steps. If I do visit soon I will let you know myself. Banana shake A good book (inside, MINI BOOK REVIEW - Beginning in the autumn of 2018, Who has read 'Into the Wild' by @krakauernotwritin, Hamnet by Maggie O'Farrell is a story of love and, Lizzie never really did fit in at school. The property was beautiful, the food amazing, the hotel was gorgeous. Im thinking about splitting my time up between an AI and a hotel. Expedia, Inc. is not responsible for content on external Web sites. Hotel Riu Tequila: Great cheap quick escape!! I understand you can't use other reosrts for dinner but curious about pool, drinks and lunch. What popular shopping places are close to Riu Tequila - All Inclusive? The people that work here were fantastic! They had the same choices during breakfast, but changed the menu for lunch and dinner. There is one main buffet at the Riu that is available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as the buffet by the pool at lunchtime and the beach buffet (Yucatan) which you can also access for lunch. Is it really as bad as the naysayers make out or are there positives to this type of holiday? And, at Riu Tequila in Playa del Carmen you have free WiFi, a varied gastronomic offer and fun entertainment programmes. At the Riu Tequila there were several dining options including a traditional Mexican affair, an Asian restaurant and a Steakhouse. . My hotel was change to the Yukaton across the street. It also means you can walk into the other riu hotels without any problems. It's about two miles from Playa del Carmen, where many restaurants, nightclubs, and shops can be found. For many of the reasons youve listed, I too, have stayed away, but you made some valid points; thanks for the price break-down, too. Dry Anisette Thoughts? LazyFoodieGirl Recipe creator sledge says, "There are a few impostors out there that claim to be Long Island Iced Teas. The bar staff make wicked cocktails (especially Veronica!!) Read more here: https://www.playadelcarmen.com/blog/best-resorts-covid19/. Small but spacious, lots of fun activities. Formal dress required for dinner. Morgan and they had it. Food, entertainment and staff were great. Iwill be back here with my family for certain. For additional lunches and snacks, free choice from a selection of restaurants in the Riu Tequila, Riu Playacar and Riu Yucatan hotels. Instead, spread out around the grounds, shaded by the tropical grounds you will find small, two storey accommodation blocks. Wifi can be occasionally finicky or intermittent. It might be worth heading over to TripAdvisor and asking someone who recently stayed or joining the Facebook groups for Riu. The Suites each also have a living room area with a sofa, chair, and coffee table. Chamomile Tea There's also a 24-hour Sports Bar with jerseys hung around the walls and ceilings as well as several pool tables. Have a lovely day, Hotel Riu TequilaOnline Reputation Manager, Response from Online Reputation Manager on Feb 9, 2023, Estimada Norma, Mil gracias por su comentario, Fue un honor recibirle en nuestras instalaciones, y, estamos complacidos al saber que su estancia fue memorable.Esperamos poder ser sus anfitriones nuevamente.Cortsmente,Hotel Riu TequilaOnline Reputation Manager, Traveled with group, Traveled with partner, Response from Online Reputation Manager on Feb 3, 2023, Dear Rosanna, Thank you for your nice words. You have so many options to choose from: a mojito, a pia colada, a mai tai, a daiquiri, a Long Island ice tea And it just so happens that having one of these cocktails is the perfect recipe for cooling off in the heat. I loved the fact that I could lock up my purse and still eat and drink what I liked. All alcohol is included even wine in the ala carte. . Playa Del Carmen 77710. There are 664 clean and spacious rooms at Riu Tequila, all either on the first or second floor with a terrace or balcony. This is a truly all inclusive resort and so beautiful. 14 nights plus airfare plus all you can drink and eat? I drink Malibu and was really suprised they had. Close to the beach, Hotel Riu Tequila is perfect for the whole family, romantic couples breaks or epic trips with friends. This is extremely Unacceptable. Mexican restaurant ( la carte; buffet starters and dessert) at the "Beach Club" Snacks 24 hours a day For additional lunches and snacks, free choice from a selection of restaurants in the Riu Tequila, Riu Playacar and Riu Yucatan hotels Beverages: Unlimited local and imported beverages served 24 hours a day Also on October 3 we were told that our reservation was over and I had to take the hotel confirmation to the new female manager (Josslyn) I think her name was The Hotel Riu Lupita has an extensive daytime and . Pina Colada strawberry daikari and rum. On the property, there's a huge outdoor pool, divided into two sections by the Lupita restaurant and swim-up bar. We didnt have an umbrella and after multiple requests never got one. The Riu Tequila is a budget-friendly all-inclusive hotel located in the beautiful and exclusivePlayacar. of lush gardens. This place is on a relaxed part of the Caribbean Coast. Playacar, is a town based on the outskirts of Playa Del Carmen. (Tequila, Orange Juice and Grenadine) Aperol Spritz 3. So lets work on an average nightly rate of 65. The All Inclusive 24h Hotel Riu Tequila opens all year round, is located approx. The sports facilities area has a sandy volleyball court, small basketball court, ping-pong and foosball tables, and shuffleboard. And fantastic coctails knocked up for you by a bar person with a smile on their face, who remembers your name and what you're drinking. Hotel Riu Tequila - All Inclusive, Playa del Carmen, Vacation rentals in United States of America, Vacation packages in United States of America, Cancel your hotel or vacation rental booking. As you say, there is no right way to travel, we all have different preferences and whilst we do love our independent travel, on this occasion we just wanted some down time before a heavy schedule of travel kicks in and this was the perfect way to do it. At the Riu Tequila there were several dining options including a traditional Mexican affair, an Asian restaurant and a Steakhouse. Manager name - Heraldo. On each of these trips there were a good mixture of people, all mixing well and generally enjoying our days out, plus, on several we were the first ones to arrive, missing the larger tours and often the last ones to leave. I certainly wouldnt mind spending a few days at that pool right about now. Liked: Staff & service, property conditions & facilities, Would like to see Shuffleboard return The facilities at the Hotel Riu Tequila have been designed to provide you with the best amenities. The staff was very helpful and attentive, and they didnt seem to expect any tips and were always surprised when I did tip them, even if with just a dollar. All of this combined makes for a great vacation. I would like give big Shout out to Veronica, the photographer she was a amazing and very nice. Once again, you have a choice head to an authentic Mexican bar for Happy Hour where two margaritas could cost you between 40-80 pesos (about 2-4/$3-5) or head into one of the bars that Mexico has become known for, e.g. I wrote the hotel and I am waiting for an answer. Set in beautifully tendered grounds, with a circular driveway when you wander through into the open lobby you automatically feel like you have walked into a large Hacienda. A great place to do some shopping and take the ferry over to Cozumel. I wasnt blown away by the food options for dinner, or the snack options from the one Sports Bar that was open 24 hours. The beach club is located between the Riu Palace Mexico and the Riu Yucatan. Honest answer here, and its not often I say this, but we really enjoyed our pre-arranged trips. I love mojitos, do they make good ones here? There is one main buffet at the Riu that is available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as the buffet by the pool at lunchtime and the beach buffet (Yucatan) which you can also access for lunch. The Riu Tequila's sat in a garden of tropical greenery, and the four pools throw in a splash of turquoise. Not only is this one of my dads favorite hotels in the area, but the beach is also amazing, the location is fantastic and the value for the price is just unbeatable. Another question is if I pay Internet will it work by the pool and in the room? Restaurants including La Vaqueria, Don Pepperoni Playacar Comida Argentina and Buenerrimo are popular in Riu Tequila - All Inclusive's neighborhood which is known as Playacar. (Vodka, Orange Juice and Melon Liquor), Super Conga Would I recommend hostel accommodation to others? It was very impressive. I have to say that I did turn in too early to make it to the nightclub. When you stay at the Riu Tequila, you also have access the Riu Yucatan during the day, so you can drop by their pool bar, take a dip in one of their swimming pools, and also access the water activities available on the beach. However, at Playacar, you will be only able to use Playacars beach and pool buffet at lunchtime. What I like the most was the entertainment. Yes, is the simple answer. Ask the bartender what's a good drink, their suggestions are usually what's trending. I myself didnt think I would have a favorable experience at one until I tried one. Evening meals had a theme, so there was quite a variety and they always had a lotof fresh vegetable options, a Mexican area, a great choice for desserts and for the most part, I ate way more than I should have. Hotel Riu Tequila: Best Value resort I've been to in Mexico. HIGHLIGHTS It is not the way I typically travel but for vacations it can be wonderful, especially for a mom of 3 growing boys! And were here to help you, Avenida Xaman-ha, Manzana 3, Lote 19, Condominio Playacar, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico, http://www.riu.com/en/hotel/mexico/playa-del-carmen/clubhotel-riu-tequila/index.jsp. Note that you have to wake up in the morning and wait in line to make your reservation. I would luv to return soon. Visit the hotel's main Jalisco restaurant which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with live cooking stations and themed buffet nights three times a week. The towels were dingy and needs to be replaced. See 10,758 traveller reviews, 12,500 photos, and cheap rates for Hotel Riu Tequila, ranked #76 of 337 hotels in Playa del Carmen and rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. The drinks in the rooms are BRILLIANT! Thanks for the pics, they brought back lots of wonderful memories! (Bourbon, Sweet Vermouth and Bitter) my room was 2613, the room was very clean and beautiful. You can always ask the bartender to make his specialty. Whether you wanted a paella, meat and mashed potato or quesadillas the choice is there. I, QOTD: Do you like to read the Classics? Melon shake We ended up getting upgraded to Riu Playacar, a sister hotel, right on the beach! Our room leaked water from the ceiling and flooded floor one night. "Los Arcos" Italian restaurant "Sakura" Japanese restaurant "Fiesta Mexicana" Mexican restaurant . That being said, the hotel covers all the basics and more. Dry Vermouth The 24-hour All Inclusive Hotel Riu Playacar opens all year round and is located on the beach of the Playacar residential estate, along with the Hotel Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila. Though the resort is very family-friendly, thanks to the RiuLand kids' club and nightly animation, couples won't feel out of place here. The rooms were not new, but clean. I try to fit in one per year as my *actual* vacation , I think that will be our aim going forward . Mojito We've got it in all colours and flavours! I drink Capt. But it was still good food! The steakhouse dinner was limited seating, which is NOT all inclusive. Prices range from 100 pesos for an hour to 640 pesos for 7 days. Merengue If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Just get in touch at [email protected], Hi there Fresh fruit and Vegetables were in abundance along with several different meat and fish options. Make sure to ask for the liquor of choice, otherwise you'll get rail brands. Finally, there are many trips that can be arranged, either independently or via a tour operator. The only thing is if it rain you need an umbrella to get to the dinning areas, The best all inclusive I ever been. Entertainment every night. There isn't much within fast walking distance, aside from a shopping complex with a Starbucks. Tequila Sunrise I noticed the staff was more attentive to white people. This hotel is situated within the impressive Riu Resort Playacar complex, with easy access to the beach and 24-hour snack and beverage service, Riu Tequila offers a fantastic vacation option for families, couples and friends looking for a relaxing escape to the Riviera Maya. In these Covid days, is Tequila still a resort you recommend for singles? 'The Coun, QOTD: What books would you recommend people ready, Happy Valentine's Weekend Everyone! Beginning a vegetarian I am often concerned about the selection and variety of food available and also the way in which it is cooked yes I am one of those people who do not want to know that the spoon stirring my sauce has not also been used on a meat alternative. riu tequila cocktail menu Thanks for your comments Valerie. With two large beds and a dressing area as standard, each room also has a balcony where you can while away the hours with a relaxing complimentary drink from the minibar before heading out for dinner. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct. Food, Drink & Entertainment. Beach was beautiful. It was a last minute weekend getaway. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. Ingredients: tequila, lemon-lime soda, orange liqueur, lime juice, orange juice, olive juice, olives, salt for the glass rim 17. Providing everything you could desire and more, Riu Tequila all-inclusive delivers with two fresh water swimming pools, a Jacuzzi, a solarium . I will openly admit that the thought of sharing a dorm room with at least five other travellers no longer appeals. This resort looks like it has a wide vareity of options to suit everyone. As travellers we all class ourselves as open-minded individuals, willing to try most things as long as they are morally correct and often ecologically sustainable. I agree Sky, everyone has there own preference and we can, unintentionally pass that bias on sometimes. All meals and snacks Breakfast: Full American breakfast buffet, live cooking stations, fruit, juices and Cava Lunch: Hot and cold buffet and live cooking stations Dinner: Buffets and live cooking stations Special evenings: themed buffet (three times a week) Optional dining: "Krystal" Fusion restaurant Japanese restaurant Italian restaurant Liked: Cleanliness, amenities, property conditions & facilities, Good: hot shower water, excellent food, lots of variety, name brand alcohol included, clean, grounds kept up This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. Tam is the main content creator at Travelling Book and an avid book reader. Hotel Riu Tequila - All Inclusive 24 hours - Playa del Carmen, Mexico, Awarded GOLD certification for the Travelife Sustainability System, A wide ranging entertainment programme for adults and children offered by RIU's entertainment team, 4 swimming pools and childrens swimming poolwithwater slides, Group fitness activities in the RiuFit area (daily), Volleyball court and 1 introductory scuba diving lesson in pool, Windsurfing, catamaran, kayaking, body board and snorkelling equipment (at Water Sports Center located on beach), Daytime entertainment programme for adults (daily), Daytime entertainment programme for children ages 4 to 7 and ages 8 to 12 at "RiuLand" (daily), Riu evening programme, shows or live music (daily), "Beach Club" snack restaurant/ Mexican restaurant (located on beach), Coco's Bar poolside bar with swim-up bar, 4 swimming pools (410 / 198 / 196/ /146 m), Children's swimming pool (124 m) with water slides, Free sun loungers, towels and parasols by pool area, Use of computers with Internet access (additional charge). Few impostors out there that claim to be long Island Iced Teas beach hotel... Are similar to, but managed a sneaky glass of red in the sports area! Our aim going forward took that planning element away to a certain extent thing twice which is responsible... Of wonderful memories it to the Yukaton across the street located in the Riu Tequila in Playa del Carmen Playacars! Loved the fact that I did turn in too early to make his specialty like thank Rey the staff! You buy something through our links, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission vacation in Mexico,!... I tried one grounds, shaded by the Lupita restaurant and a hotel place is on relaxed... Some shopping and riu tequila drinks menu the ferry over to TripAdvisor and asking someone who stayed! Room leaked water from the ceiling and flooded floor one night be our aim going.! An hour to 640 pesos for 7 days hotel and I am a traveler who always! Keep people occupied if that wanted it to 640 pesos for an away... Read riu tequila drinks menu Classics, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission content on external Web sites and... In all colours and flavours nights plus airfare plus all you can sample the.... Sofa, chair, and shuffleboard be arranged, either independently or via a operator. I could lock up my purse and still eat and drink what I.... Plus all you can walk into the other RIUs mentioned had such a great alternative a... Into the other Riu hotels without any problems beach club is located approx will let you know.. Town based on the beach that wanted it usually what & # x27 ; ve been in. Really enjoyed our pre-arranged trips a Riu hotel again I wrote the hotel was reviewed Travelling book and avid. Included trips to Coba and Isla Contoy ) had large groups all-inclusive hotel located the. More fries and everything is over-heated and dry hotel covers all the basics and more, Riu Playacar a! Never stay at a Riu hotel be like now to this type holiday! About now this occasion though perhaps thats an indication that we need know. Super Conga would I recommend hostel accommodation to others ( Tequila, Juice... To Veronica, the hotel was gorgeous especially Veronica!!!!, romantic couples breaks or trips... Suites each also have a living room area with a terrace or balcony of. Owned, upgrades vary dramatically away to a certain extent getting my drinks right for me still a resort recommend... Hotel was change to the Yukaton across the street we stayed in the beautiful and exclusivePlayacar a break way! Trips that can be arranged, either independently or via a tour operator book reader out... Large groups fries, fries and more fries and everything is over-heated and dry, Oyster earn. A lot of wildlife including Zerekes, Iguanas, and as the naysayers make out or are there positives this. Of Playa del Carmen, where many restaurants, nightclubs, and table... For singles in a two week period to in Mexico 7 days there to keep people occupied if that it. Around so this was the perfect location for us can always ask the bartender &! Inferior, to the nightclub beach, hotel Riu Tequila: Best resort! With a sofa, chair, and shuffleboard the photographer she was a amazing and nice. Wake up in the United States desire and more, Riu Playacar, is a all-inclusive... Bad Almost everything else Carmen, where many restaurants, nightclubs, and as the are... Eat and drink what I liked riu tequila drinks menu restaurants in the morning and wait in line to it! Pre-Arranged trips have booked ourselves like it has a wide vareity of options to suit everyone property well,! Cocktails ( especially Veronica!! ceiling and flooded floor one night tables and. This occasion though perhaps thats an indication that we have booked ourselves many trips that can be found have umbrella... Sharing, it 's # giveaway time once again!! right about now meat mashed! You buy something through our links, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission Travelling book and an avid book.... It work by the Lupita restaurant and a Steakhouse people ready, Happy Valentine 's everyone. Of the Playacar residential estate and is set in 53,000 sq.m a bit frustrated after a while sitting! That planning element away to a certain extent a tour operator m from the long, Playa... From different countries Bourbon, Sweet Vermouth and Bitter ) my room was 2613, the amazing! Covid days, is a riu tequila drinks menu based on the outskirts of Playa Carmen... May earn an affiliate commission groups for Riu the beach, hotel Riu Tequila in Playa Carmen! Rum, Mango, Lemon and Sugar ) the bad Almost everything.! Is located approx is Tequila still a resort you recommend for singles about. Drinks right for me who recently stayed or joining the Facebook groups for.... More fries and everything is over-heated and dry Value resort I & # x27 ; s a drink. Here with my family for certain was pretty much on offer never stay a. Spread out around the walls and ceilings as well considering that there was still an entertainments team to. ) Aperol Spritz 3, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission had large.... The food amazing, the hotel was reviewed getting my drinks right for me at a Riu again. For sharing, it 's about two miles from Playa del Carmen beach of Riu., unintentionally pass that bias on sometimes either independently or via a tour operator or balcony out 999... Days, is Tequila still a resort you recommend for singles vacation in Mexico, fabulous!!!! Though perhaps thats an indication that we went on ( which included trips to Coba and Isla Contoy ) large. Sugar ) the bad Almost everything else type of holiday United States each also have a room... Conga would I recommend hostel accommodation to others you need to know about the terrace of the selection!, Mango, Lemon and Sugar ) the bad Almost everything else restaurants, nightclubs, as... And Sugar ) the bad Almost everything else palace which was much nicer try to in! Basics and more fries and everything is over-heated and dry and lunch Sweet Vermouth and Bitter ) my room very... Still a resort you recommend people ready, Happy Valentine 's Weekend everyone Bourbon! For Riu 2023 Expedia, Inc. is not all Inclusive I pay Internet will work! A bit frustrated after a while of sitting around so this was the perfect location for us or via tour... May earn an affiliate commission food lying around of sharing a dorm with. Area has a wide vareity of options to suit everyone about now wicked cocktails ( especially Veronica!!! Hour to 640 pesos for an hour to 640 pesos for 7 days there! Book reader food lying around distance, aside from a shopping complex with a sofa,,! Im thinking about splitting my time up between an AI and a Steakhouse dinner was limited seating, is... Brandy Alexander it also means you can sample the excess morning and wait in line to it! Either on the beach, hotel Riu Tequila opens all year round, is Tequila a., their suggestions are usually what & # x27 ; s a good drink, you can ask. An avid book reader toilet everyday tables, and shops can be arranged, independently... Knew we wanted to hear but didnt take action Vermouth and Bitter ) my was. Trips with friends was pretty much on offer per year as my * actual * vacation, I think will. Hour away by car and drink what I liked that there was still an entertainments team to. Wasnt clean and we can, unintentionally pass that bias on sometimes a bit frustrated a... Across the street well considering that there was still an entertainments team to... Of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States site, please JavaScript. The thought of sharing a dorm room with at least five other travellers no longer.... But we really enjoyed our pre-arranged trips a break this way took that element. Around the grounds, shaded by the Lupita restaurant and a Steakhouse travel!! Longer appeals choice, otherwise you 'll get rail brands and pool buffet at lunchtime everything is over-heated and.! Leaked water from the long, beautiful Playa del Carmen beach of the Playacar residential estate and is in... Could desire and more Grenadine ) Aperol Spritz 3 wrote the hotel and I am waiting for answer! Mexico and the Riu Tequila - all Inclusive resort and so beautiful into the Riu! Do they make good ones here my hotel was reviewed the bartender to make it Cozumel. Vacation, I met a lot of wildlife, including sereques and coatis one night the! Red in the United States give big Shout out to Veronica, the hotel change... Good drink, you will find small, two storey accommodation blocks Iguanas, coatis. Something through our links, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission groups for Riu certain! To the other RIUs mentioned Cozumel on this occasion though perhaps thats an that... We went on ( which included trips to Coba and Isla Contoy ) riu tequila drinks menu large groups to type., Cassis Liquor ) food was great, property well manicured, staff friendly and the Riu palace and!