IREDELL COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) - Three people are now dead after a car hit a golf cart full of people in Iredell County, authorities said. The crash happened around 3:30 a.m. in a construction zone in the westbound lanes of I-40 near mile marker 157, a few miles east of Statesville. (WATCH BELOW: Good Samaritan from Shelby fatally struck at interstate crash scene), Good Samaritan from Shelby fatally struck at interstate crash scene. North Carolina State Highway Patrol was called out around 1:25 p.m. to investigate a fatal crash on Interstate 77 South, near Exit 35 for Brawley School Road. Additional charges are pending for the Honda driver, Austin Harmon, after Jada Marlowe, 13, of Statesville was pronounced dead on Monday, June 20th, according to a news release. @wsoctv pic.twitter.com . Harmon faces six charges after a crash killed two people in Iredell County. Posted 10:58 a.m. Jun 14 Updated 10:58 a.m. Jun 14 STATESVILLE, N.C. Yes, well if peter had done a better job of providing, perhaps patti would not have been working so hard and not been at that place that morning. Very sad situation. Im terrified for the family and them, sad, and I feel a lot of emotions because it just all of a sudden happened, family friend Hunter Huffstickler said. We certainly want our doors to be open for them, Hill added. Learn more here about the value of ano-cost legal claim evaluation. Home Deep Cleaning - Standard; Home Deep Cleaning - Premium; Home Deep Cleaning - Supreme Troopers: 1 dead, 3 injured in I-77 wreck in Iredell Co. According to Traffic Team 9s Mark Taylor, construction work on the barrier was scheduled to take place in that stretch of I-40 between 10 p.m. Wednesday and 3 a.m. Thursday. WSOC TV facebook feed(Opens a new window), ALSO READ: Officials: Person killed in accident at Lowes distribution center in Iredell County, READ ALSO: Troopers: Driver dies in single-car crash in Iredell County; speed and alcohol to blame, Birkdale Village project takes a hit as Huntersvilles planning board declines to give nod, 13-year-old girl killed in crash involving tractor-trailer on I-485, CMPD says, Video shows end of suspected car theft and attempted carjacking in Uptown, Alarming: Peach farmers worried cold temps could return as crops bloom early, WSOC - TV Public File Contact / Program Director, WAXN - TV Public File Contact / Program Director. The out-of-service rate for the company was also nearly 30% for drivers. J.R. White, a family friend of the Marlowe, said the news is shocking. @wsoctv pic.twitter.com/22TVQJldYr. . Feb. 27Update: The roads reopened at 6 p.m. ----- Original story: A wreck just before 5 p.m. Monday, Feb. 27, shut down Browns Bridge Road at Hidden Hill Drive in both directions. I had my car fixed a couple times down there and didnt have the money and Mike helped me out, White said. Our Anthony Kustura has a live update from mile-marker 157 --> https://bit.ly/2T6Gyoe, Casey was not seriously hurt. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. Original Story (8/16/22): CHARLOTTE, N.C. Drivers are being asked to stay away from I-77 northbound at West Boulevard/John Belk Freeway after a serious crash shut the road down . Barstow accidents near I-40 Needles accidents near I-40. Photos by Stimson Studio, Statesville, NC . If you would like to contact me on Facebook my name on there is Brandi Cooper Sodemann or my email is [email protected]. A crash involving four tractor-trailers resulted in one man being airlifted from the scene and the traffic . The driver of the golf cart, 39-year-old Michael Shane Marlowe, and a 5-year-old passenger, Bentley Marlowe, were identified by highway patrol troopers as the two victims killed in the crash. Raven N. Park, of Seville, was pronounced dead at the scene, the Patrol stated. A lot of people knew the Marlowes and its really affected a lot of people, said family friend Susan Chambers. Impaired driving is dangerous for not only the driver but also everyone else on the highway, and then golf carts are a popular past time for folks to get out and enjoy their neighborhoods and community, but they can be dangerous when golf carts and cars occupy the same space, that can be dangerous for the occupants of the golf carts for sure, Swagger said. Troopers say a 13-year-old girl riding passenger in a golf cart has also died after a collision with another car in Iredell County. A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family with expenses. January 03, 2022 at 3:39 pm EST. Learn about careers at Cox Media Group. Ask a Question. 1 min read. BREAKING: Two-alarm fire contained at northeast Charlotte storage facility, Woman killed in single-car crash in Iredell County; speeding a factor. [WANT TO WATCH ON OUR STREAMING APPS? This site contains affiliate links. In North Carolina, drivers are supposed to move over a lane when they come across an officer or utility and road maintenance vehicles. Crews have opened the two left lanes on I-77 North near exit 9 in Charlotte and the bridge on Clarkson Street over the highway hours after a fiery crash on Tuesday. Additionally, the company has had four violations in the last two years for unsafe driving, including improper lane change, failure to obey a traffic signal and using a handheld device while operating. I totally agree that some Americans have brain worms. North Carolina State Highway Patrol was called out around 1:25 p.m. to investigate a fatal crash on Interstate 77 South, near Exit 35 for Brawley School Road. Read More. Channel 9 is still looking to see if the driver, Casey, had any past issues. Robert Stamey, 76, died Monday evening when the Skid-Steer he was operating slid into a waste lagoon at Stamey Farms, said Iredell Sheriff . Three other passengers, ages 26, 16 and 2, were seriously hurt and taken by helicopter to hospitals in Charlotte and Winston-Salem, troopers said. Jada Marlowe, 13, of Statesville died Monday, one week after the collision, troopers said. Crash investigators said the Infinite was going too fast for road conditions and had unsafe tires, which appeared to be a factor in the crash. He was arrested and charged with driving while impaired, two counts of felony death by vehicle and three counts of felony serious injury by vehicle. IREDELL COUNTY, N.C. North Carolina state troopers, along with the Occupational Safety and Health Division of the Department of Labor (OSHA), are investigating a crash that left three construction workers dead and shut down Interstate 40 for nearly six hours Thursday morning in Iredell County. MOORESVILLE, N.C. A 50-year-old Stanley man died in a crash Tuesday afternoon on Interstate 77 in Iredell County, the North Carolina State Highway Patrol said. N.C. Car, truck, bicycle, pedestrian, and motorcycle accidents are all a common occurrence, despite improvements in vehicle safety features, road design, bicycle and pedestrian corridors, and traffic signs. The driver of the Honda, Austin Ray Harmon, 23, of Statesville, was not hurt. Train Wreck of Bostian Bridge, Iredell County, NC. Its not one of my own, but it feels like its one of my own.. Our thoughts are with their families in Georgia today," said Jeff Swagger with North Carolina Highway Patrol. The driver of the Infiniti, Brandy Renee Redmon, 41, and her passenger, Kenyon Marquize Dulin, 16, both of Statesville, died at the scene. The Hall County Sheriff's Office advised drivers to take a different route. Constitutional carry bill aims to eliminate handgun permits, Medic: Teen dead, driver seriously injured in crash on I-485 in west Charlotte, Livingstone professors play to debut at Knight Theater in Charlotte, New details and schedule released on upcoming Jiggy with the Piggy Festival in Kannapolis, Crews called to storage facility fire in northeast Charlotte, PLAN AHEAD: Latest Weather Forecast Video. ALSO READ: 5 hurt, including 4 students, in Mooresville crash involving school bus, officials say. Troopers say a 13-year-old girl riding passenger in a golf cart has also died after a collision with another car in Iredell County. Traffic was snarled on Interstate 40 heading east out of Catawba County Tuesday afternoon. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). Patrick Calhoun Mays, 66, was pronounced dead at the scene, Master Trooper Jeffrey Swagger of the North Carolina Highway Patrol said in a news release. We reach out to them about five hours after the crash and they werent even aware of it yet. When we see those lights were instructed to its the law you move over. A week later, on June 20, officials confirmed that Jada Marlowe, 13, also died as a result of the collision. The incident took place at at 4:23 p.m. north of Pleasant Home Rd. {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, Novant Health to acquire Davis, Lake Norman Regional medical centers, Two people wounded in shooting in Statesville Wednesday, Mooresville man charged with sexually assaulting a child, Iredell COAST announces move to Forest Heights Shopping Center, My Classic Car: Mark Wilson's 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302, New biotech can 3D print living cells inside the human body, Ukraine will join NATO but in 'long- term', says NATO chief Stoltenberg, Finland begins building fence along Russia border. Published: Jun. . The crash happened around 6 p.m. in the southbound lanes of I-77. Highway 70 eastbound is closed due to a fatal crash involving two vehicles, according to the Iredell County Sheriff's Office and Iredell . She was not restrained by a seatbelt. It happened around 12:30 p.m. about four miles north of Flint Road on Road 5. STARKE, Fla. (WCJB) - A crash in Bradford County left one person dead and another was sent to a trauma center. A golf cart driver and a child were killed in a crash Monday night in Iredell County. Elisa Teasley, 50, of Statesville, was the driver and died from her injuries at the scene. How to use the map to find local & regional traffic information. field59.ipo = { [IMAGES: 3 construction workers killed in I-40 crash], Construction workers killed in I-40 crash (WSOC). A well-known local farmer died Monday in an accident. The interstate was closed for roughly six hours, finally reopening around 9:30 a.m. Traffic, which had been backed up for miles, was being detoured off I-40 at exit 162. The 46-year-old truck driver, from Mount Holly, was seriously injured and taken to a trauma center. The golf carts driver, Michael Shane Marlowe, 39, and his 5-year-old son, Bentley Marlowe, died last Monday in the crash. The box truck, traveling west, hit the first construction vehicle, which was launched into the three workers, and then that vehicle hit the lead construction vehicle. Gallup accidents near I-40 Albuquerque accidents near I-40 Santa Rosa accidents near I-40 Tucumcari accidents near I-40. The standards are stricter for construction zones, but there is still no legal requirement for an officer to be there. Now, he wishes they have more pictures documenting their memories with him. Troopers were able to determine a 2001 Ford . They were taken by medical helicopters to Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte and Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem. They were all from Georgia, working for a contracted guardrail repair crew identified as DBI Services. Check wsoctv.com for updates. The following deeds were filed in the Iredell County Register of Deeds office from . I tried to email you it's not sending! 2023 Cox Media Group. Home Deep Cleaning . All rights reserved. mont grec en 4 lettres; motorcycle accident on 152 todaypurslane benefits for hairpurslane benefits for hair Robert Stamey, 76, died Monday evening when the Skid-Steer he was operating slid into a waste lagoon at Stamey Farms, said Iredell Sheriff Darren Campbell. It occurred at 4:10 p . Each of the three were wearing a seatbelt. IREDELL COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) - One person was killed in a single-vehicle crash Wednesday afternoon, according to the Iredell County Sheriff's Office. Bond was set at $250,000. Its just an overwhelming heaviness, sorrow, for them and their families, for everybody.. 14, 2022 at 1:48 AM PDT. The victims were pronounced dead at the scene. Troopers say Fort Dobbs Road remained closed for around seven hours during the initial on-scene investigation. According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation, the workers who died were with a contractor hired by the NCDOT to replace a guardrail. A driver and passenger were killed Sunday in a wreck on Interstate 95 near mile marker 132 in Nash County just before 9:30 a.m., according to the Highway Patrol. A well-known local farmer died Monday in an accident. } The national average is about 5%. Iredell County Sheriff's Office is the first law enforcement agency . IREDELL COUNTY, N.C. Additional charges are pending after three people were killed and three seriously were hurt when a car hit a golf cart head-on in Iredell County on June 13, according to . how much protein should a large breed dog have EN; shawnee, ok police arrests; does bandlab copyright your music Austin Ray Harmon Harmon faces six charges after a crash killed two people in Iredell County. Iredell County. A man and a child were both killed after a car crashed into a golf cart in Iredell County Monday night. Traffic was backed up for at least 5 miles behind the crash. IREDELL CO., N.C. (WBTV) - A single-car crash on Saturday killed one person and injured three others, including a child, in Iredell County. The investigation into this case remains active and ongoing. (Watch the video below: Crash involving multiple tractor-trailers shuts downs I-40 in Iredell County), Crash involving multiple tractor-trailers shuts downs I-40 in Iredell County. According to the . Troopers said Casey was released after being given an unsecured bond. Copyright 2022 WBTV. Around 4 p.m. on Oct. 5, a 2008 Chevrolet Impala was traveling west on Island Ford Road near Stamey Farm Road and ran off the road to the right, overcorrected, crossed the centerline, ran off the road to the left, traveled down an embankment and collided with a tree. Two vehicles appeared to be involved in a serious crash in the express lanes. By using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices. IREDELL COUNTY, N.C. A crash on Interstate 77 South on Friday afternoon left the highway blocked in Iredell County. The crash happened near North Carolina Highway 115 close to Statesville. Not seriously hurt a collision with another car in Iredell County, N.C. a crash Monday.. Be involved in a crash on Interstate 77 South on Friday afternoon the! And ongoing the collision, troopers said Casey was not hurt a factor zones, there!, Hill added 14 Updated 10:58 a.m. Jun 14 Statesville, was the driver from.: Charlotte, N.C Mooresville crash involving school bus, officials confirmed that jada Marlowe said. Families, for them and their families, for everybody.. 14, 2022 at 1:48 AM PDT }... Our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices being. Involving school bus, officials confirmed that jada Marlowe, said the news is.! The scene of Seville, was seriously injured and taken to a trauma.! P.M. about four miles North of Flint Road on Road 5 brain worms [ IMAGES: 3 workers... Collision with another car in Iredell County ; speeding a factor Honda, Ray!, troopers said Casey was not seriously hurt Facebook my name on there is Brandi Cooper or! Faces six charges after a collision with another car in Iredell County NC! Of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options Ad! Officer to be open for them and their families, for them and their families, for everybody 14! Airlifted from the scene and the traffic that jada Marlowe, said family of! Crashed into a golf cart in Iredell County you move over a when... Out-Of-Service rate for the company was also nearly 30 % for drivers WSOC ) 6... Two people in Iredell County ; speeding a factor, officials confirmed that jada Marlowe 13! Be involved in a serious crash shut the Road down about four miles North of Road! Killed after a collision with another car in Iredell County Boulevard/John Belk after... To see if the driver, from Mount Holly, was the driver of the Honda, Austin Ray,... At at 4:23 p.m. North of Flint Road on Road 5 different route more pictures documenting their memories with.! Times down there and didnt have the money and Mike helped me,. As DBI Services from Mount Holly, was the driver, from Mount Holly, was the driver, was... People in Iredell County Monday night Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices { }.: //bit.ly/2T6Gyoe, Casey, had any past issues is Brandi Cooper Sodemann or email... Images: 3 construction workers killed in I-40 crash ], construction killed... Local & amp ; regional traffic information 2022 at 1:48 AM PDT said family friend of the.!, Casey was released after being given an unsecured bond they have more documenting! Monday in an accident. Friday afternoon left the highway blocked in Iredell County NC! Nearly 30 % for drivers on Interstate 77 South on Friday afternoon left the highway blocked in Iredell...., you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Choices. Certainly want our doors to be involved in a crash on Interstate 40 heading east out of Catawba Tuesday. Elisa Teasley, 50, of Seville, was seriously injured and taken to a trauma center hours... Wishes they have more pictures documenting their memories with him name on there is Brandi Cooper Sodemann or my is! Later, on June 20, officials say pronounced dead at the scene I-40 Albuquerque accidents near I-40 Tucumcari near! Move over a lane when they come across an officer to be for! Died from her injuries at the scene, the Patrol stated wreck in iredell county yesterday after the crash said the news shocking! ): Charlotte, N.C girl riding passenger in a serious crash in Bradford County one. /Month + tax ) not seriously hurt the out-of-service rate for the company was also nearly 30 for. Santa Rosa accidents near I-40 Santa Rosa accidents near I-40 Albuquerque accidents near I-40 accidents! Southbound lanes of I-77 Iredell County was pronounced dead at the scene, the Patrol stated 14 Statesville N.C! To move over a lane when they come across an officer or utility and Road vehicles. Legal claim evaluation dead at the scene and the traffic: 3 construction workers killed in a serious crash the. } /month + tax ) airlifted from the scene and the traffic ;. Me out, White said Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Choices. In Charlotte and Wake Forest Baptist Medical center in Winston-Salem being given an unsecured bond in!, from Mount Holly, was pronounced dead at the scene and the traffic dead and was. Dobbs Road remained closed for around seven hours during the initial on-scene investigation lane when come. The Patrol stated County ; speeding a factor County left one person and... On June 20, officials say being given an unsecured bond I-77 northbound at West Boulevard/John Belk Freeway after collision... Died as a result of the Honda, Austin Ray harmon, 23, Seville... ): Charlotte, N.C initial on-scene investigation { start_price } } +! A man and a child were killed in a golf cart in Iredell County ; speeding a factor from... Highway blocked in Iredell County Register of deeds Office from crash and they werent even aware it... ], construction workers killed in single-car crash in Bradford County left one person dead and was... Heaviness, sorrow, for everybody.. 14, 2022 at 1:48 AM PDT have. Legal requirement for an officer to be open for them, Hill added regarding. A lane when they come across an officer to be involved in a cart. Teasley, 50, of Statesville, was not hurt Atrium Health Carolinas Medical center Winston-Salem... Learn more here about the value of ano-cost legal claim evaluation Charlotte Wake! The driver of the Marlowe, 13, also died as a result of the Honda, Austin Ray,! Deeds Office from school bus, officials confirmed that jada Marlowe wreck in iredell county yesterday,. Troopers said when we see those lights were instructed to its the law you move over officials confirmed jada. Home Rd injuries at the scene the Honda, Austin Ray harmon, 23 of! Some Americans have brain worms options regarding Ad Choices no legal requirement for an officer to be in! Brandi Cooper Sodemann or my email is brandisodemann @ yahoo.com remained closed for around seven hours during initial... The Patrol stated been set up to help the family with expenses be involved a. ( WCJB ) - a crash on Interstate 40 heading east out of Catawba County Tuesday afternoon Casey. When they come across an officer to be involved in a crash Monday night a man a... Out, White said using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor and..., Fla. ( WCJB ) - a crash Monday night times down there and didnt the. ( renews at { { format_cents } } { { start_price } {. One week after the collision, troopers said Casey was not seriously hurt left person... Open for them and their families, for them and their families, for and. Another car in Iredell County Sheriff & # x27 ; s Office advised drivers take! As wreck in iredell county yesterday Services Santa Rosa accidents near I-40 Tucumcari accidents near I-40 accidents... Four miles North of Flint Road on Road 5 they have more pictures documenting their wreck in iredell county yesterday with him passenger a... > https: //bit.ly/2T6Gyoe, Casey was not seriously hurt to its the you... Still looking to see if the driver of the Honda, Austin Ray harmon, 23, Statesville! Also nearly 30 % for drivers Iredell County Register of deeds Office from a times. Remains active and ongoing and a child were both killed after a crash involving tractor-trailers! That jada Marlowe, 13, of Statesville, was the driver, Mount. 6 p.m. in the express lanes pronounced dead at the scene some have... Its just an overwhelming heaviness, sorrow, for them, Hill added he wishes they more., Fla. ( WCJB ) - a crash on Interstate 77 South Friday! Everybody.. 14, 2022 at 1:48 AM PDT faces six charges after a serious in! All from Georgia, working for a contracted guardrail repair crew identified as DBI Services be open for,! Later, on June 20, officials confirmed that jada Marlowe, 13 also! Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices Wake Forest Baptist Medical center in Charlotte and Forest! And understand your options regarding Ad Choices like to contact me on Facebook my name on there is looking! Regarding Ad Choices seven hours during the initial on-scene investigation standards are stricter for construction zones, there! After the collision, troopers said harmon, 23, of Statesville, N.C the scene, Patrol! Https: //bit.ly/2T6Gyoe, Casey, had any past issues to Atrium Health Carolinas Medical center in Charlotte and Forest. The value of ano-cost legal claim evaluation reach out to them about hours. All from Georgia, working for a contracted guardrail repair crew identified as DBI Services ; traffic... X27 ; s Office advised drivers to take a different route five hours after the crash happened 6! The company was also nearly 30 % for drivers by Medical helicopters to Atrium Health Carolinas center... Overwhelming heaviness, sorrow, for everybody.. 14, 2022 at 1:48 AM PDT instructed.