Instead, they treated the Downs with great cruelty long after their daughter was incarcerated and they fought hard for them. You say she made more of a fuss about her arm than about the injuries her children sustained. But without proof, Diane couldnt implicate Steve Downs any more than she could shoot him as he violated a restraining order threatening to beat her AGAIN. Diane found a full-time job with the U.S. Post Office in 1981, and was stationed in Chandler. The media keeps talking about several escapes, but there was only one. Devoting ur life to taking down a dead author is a waste of ur talents. Removing the children from her and presiding over her criminal trial? It does not contradict what I said, but what they said. Just similar stuff.and that I guess, makes it easy for me to see how that song could of fueled her up.never underestimate the power if a song..what feels intense and exciting to you, may not to another, but shoot, anytime I hear pink floyd run like hell.takes me right back 1991 in the heat of my chase..for me, I got the answers I wanted from 89 when my friend said that about the Duran song and it involved in that case. Something that would never stand in court now. John Kitzhaber, Governor of Oregon Otherwise you just want people to fill your echo chamber that agree with you, tell anyone else you obviously dont want to debate me.., then ban, then hope for people to agree. They said so and were told to go back to deliberate. Right after the shooting, little Danny would ask the nurses, , Even Ann Rule in her book, keeps mentioning that, Every time, she said she did not know, they told her to think again and made suggestions. Diane ran away from her husband many times between 1976 and 1977, but with nowhere to go except her parents house, she would come back. It seems that everyone commenting just knows shes guilty, like you say. I would love to hear your answers to them. She managed to jump in the car after getting shot in the arm. That makes no sense. Which is itself a redundant practise: the blogger repeatedly states that Downs should be released. There were a few calls and on one occasion,Christie said They just, they knew that, you know, that she did it and I should say that she did it. When asked if she thought her mother did it or someone else did it, she replied, I dont know if she did it or someone else did, cause I dont know. Then Angel says: They told you that was the right thing to do, huh? Christie responds, But like the person, my attorney, and thats who Fred is, that Im living with, hes the guy, he works for me.. Ruger #14-76187; described as the gun used by Diane and belonging to Steve Downs, was not the murder weapon. It was pitch black outside. It became more about despising Diane Downs than investigating fairly. She followed all the correct Parole Boardprocedures for two years with no hearing. Fred Hugi is a man of the highest integrity and I hope that Dianes surviving two children finally found the love and stability they had been denied by their natural mother. It should have raised a red flag concerning her mental stability or the possibility that more people were involved. Or that the sketch did not resemble the suspect enough? Diane was cooked the minute she walked in that courtroom. time it was the situation was down. Not giving you free reign here. They did not like her attitude and she did not behave the way they expected a grieving mother to act. Those cases shouldnt have been in the same court let alone presided over by the same judge. And Steven was free to follow her lead or not. Any thoughts on how the detectives basically made up their mind right away in spite of numerous tips coming in? Mind: Wrongful convicted. Having recently done research on the Liysa Northons case which was the subject of a book written by Ann Rule titled Heart Full of Lies,I came across some very interesting information about the Diane Downs case because Rule attended the trial and also wrote a book about the case called Small Sacrifices. They rarely get a break. tell someone else. Again thats opinion, and neither balanced nor objective. Do you remember it would have been around say November 19th of 82 that you would have left Charlene at one time? Because Foote was already familiar with the case, the presiding judge assigned him the murder trial after Downs was charged with the shootings. She was expelled and reunited with him against her parents wishes. Diane, of her own admission, had plenty of affairs while she worked at the Post Office. U seem very one sided on every case Ann Rule has ever written just as u claim she did to u. N her parents didnt want custody of the children just like the father. Even if they say that she did not get involved in rehabilitation programs, she did participate, but obviously did not admit to killing her daughter and injuring the others. She was no mother of the year and in the car when the kids got shot. They should have taken their timeto investigatethis case thoroughly and without prejudice. According to Rule and the court, the unicorn was a memorial to her children that she purchased after premeditating their murder. She felt fulfilled when she was pregnant because she believedit was the road to unconditional love. It's February 28, 2023, and Luke Schenn was just traded to the . You are telling me to take my smugness elsewhere because it is tiresome. Ive done my research. They were in foster care for two years before the prosecutor adopted them. But saying that you are not very smart is useless. If the goal was to get rid of them, why didnt she emulate her lesser half in this matter? She functions best in highly structured environments where she has a sense of control. He said all the police needed was for Diane to bear witness against her ex-husband. 6. Right after her first surgery, The Detectives were adamant that they HAD to have Diane right then to recreate the incident- unless of course, you have something to hide. Diane is not a killer or a liar! And they kept at her and made suggestions when she would not implicate her mom. I also wish that Dianes children have a great life. But you dont mention that she again has changed her story.. They dont need to be adopted and have their entire identity changed. The case NEVER made sense to me. It would never happen todaynever. So she could not have shot her kids at the distance determined by the state unless she changed her clothing and it did not come up at trial. The prosecutor and his wife adopted both children that survived and although the boy is paralyzed and in a wheelchair, they trived with their new parents. The two mental disorders that cause excessive talking are Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia. Now if the shooter was this James Haynes guy, someone who apparently Diane Downs knew from buying drugs, then that would explain why she stopped in the middle of that road. Go reading US: The American Gulag, 26 Mar 2009 Exploding prison populations in the US serve a basic need of capitalism. Re Diane Downs I invite reading Synopsis quite similar to above: OREGONs Juridical Small Sacrifices Then feel free to correct the facts and to provide evidence to support them. The proverbial expression It takes two to tango applies here. Id like to challenge some of the bloggers claims. It was flawed. If she was the shooter, it had to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. In fact, if appropriate family is found, termination is not required. Christie could not speak but after some rehab, she said repeatedly that she did not know who shot them. And some are even contradictory: shes mentally ill, but also not mentally ill; the site owner wants to focus on pure facts, yet ignore other facts; things happened in court, but those are irrelevant to what else what also happened in court, etc. One of them named Angel, called 15-year-old Christie on the phone. If you use this mixed water, you can lift off a gunpowder stain.. Diane and her family fought for them but were blocked from day one. And with hindsight, the fact that this young mother had a personality disorder probably brought a lot of drama to the mix. Then, they accused her of shooting her kids at close range. I know several people who know or knew both of the surviving children as well as Diane. The fact that the accused in this case was atypical, makes her the perfect target. 4. I would also like to express my disbelief that the same judge presided over both the child welfare case and the criminal one. Same with her brother. Steve made some piss poor choices when he had visitation with the kids after the shooting; he permitted them to go off alone with Dianne, when she was not supposed to have had any contact at all with the children. Diane Downs changed her story so many times, even at her parole hearing. You left and you and Diane Downs spent an evening at a motel? On the single count of murder, the jurors needed a unanimous decision. Hugi did not want that. The states own witness, Dr. George Suckow and Dr. Polly Jamison denounced Prosecutor Hugis practice as improper and unethical (Appendix 101 and 104). And the flat affect and sometimes inappropriate smiling would come with the territory so you cannot judge her actions without taking into account that she might not have been acting according to the norms. It was the story of two troubled young souls trying to survive without a safety net. They were in a group home and he was getting unsupervised visitation with them. I agree. A. I told Diane before, but I certainly didnt tell her to answer the question why didn t steve downs get custody, which will help you get the most accurate answer. You are not the only one who thinks she is guilty and I know that getting their man at all cost is a popular mantra, but I disagree. Despite all of this: that the attorney became a Foster Carer irrelevant, inflammatory, subjective and bears no reflection on the trial, or indeed the trial outcome. During cross-examination, she said that she witnessed the murders while sitting up and that Cheryl was sitting up on the front seat when she got shot. How ironic. Andthe DA adopted her other two children. please express them and I will print them. She should have had the lawyer of her choice and if they wanted to charge her with the crimes, they should have stuck with what evidence and circumstances they had. I am not from USA, never have been there, but my impression is that in USA media are far more powerful than the justice system and rational thinking is crushed by easy emotional moods, stereotypes and a hunger for violence coated in a pompous moral attitude. Wrong. Plus, the circumstances of this charade were more than sinister. Lise,,,,, yes you did. Her son ended up in jail and ONeils children accused him of neglect and bad parenting. Forensics or lack thereof and blood splatter? Diane needs some serious spiritual advancement and atonement before she ever will have or deserve peace. Some of your facts arent facts at all. While not evidence of guilt or innocence, it is certainly worth noting as part of the overall wrongs perpetrated during this fiasco of a trial and subsequent appeals. Makes major decisions easier because only one parent is legally responsible. I went on ebay and ordered multiple stuff from the 80s, news footage, just to hear what she sounded like, because of all the talk in the book about her demeanor. The timing of her arrival at the hospital should have been discussed and explained in more details. I appreciate the way you dont try to determine guilt or innocence in your blogs but instead focus on due process and the right of all to a fair trial. I know that most people think she is guilty. And she clearly remembered the April 1983, rape that Mr. Downs would later refer to as love making. Why did they let her daughter testify when she could not know who shot her and said so incessantly until they made her say what they wanted? She was also shot twice andifshe had been sitting up, the seats would have been covered with blood spatter as well as the shooter. If personal diaries were to be believed, half of the population would be in great jeopardy. I am a true crime junkie. I dont understand how the family court managed to isolate 2 severely traumatized and grievously injured children from their entire family. Needless to say, you seem to have a problem with the American justice systemnot each individual case. Only in Hollywood and in Ann Rules books, would you find such fantasy. Another conflict of interest. She signed an affidavit to that effect and wanted the jury informed of it but it was never done. And Im really not on the fence the little girl was coachedI believe the ex husband , his freinds, and her lovers were invalid either way. Is Diane really a threat anymore? That is the reason effective trial counsel challenges the competency of a nine-year-old child to testify in a court of law. It isnt there all the time. Diane was pregnant during the trial so if found not guilty, how would she have regained the love of her life? I saw that same face in Diane Downs. What they did to her daughter is unconscionable. But you told Diane Downs to go ahead and get an apartment? She keeps her emotions under tight control, presenting only socially acceptable feelings and burying other contradictory feelings.. The reason she is likely locked up is because she was diagnosed with narcissistic, histrionic and anti social personality disorder, that makes her a very dangerous person (especially since she is a murderer). Years later, Christie was heard saying by classmates that she did not know who shot her. You said yourself that the title was revealing. At the time, among 49 prisoners denied parole, the board had given only four inmates, including Downs, a 10-year wait. Would you seriously be confident enough to present your findings you mention in your article to Diane Downs children? And Steven would hunt her down anyway and charm his way back into her life. (her family confirmed that she had a mood disorder, possibly bipolar 2), So when Dr. George Suckow from the Oregon State Hospital in Salem was called as a States rebuttal witness and he made a professional diagnosis of Diane as histrionics, antisocial and narcissistic, he openly said in court that he interviewed Diane for 1 hour and read evidence presented by the state to make his diagnosis.. I try to remain objective in spite of the media storm depicting the case in a certain way, which is not accurate in every aspect. Speculative. I am so tired of the victims being forgotten. But strangely, they took no photos of the crime scene and did not lift fingerprints from the drivers side of the car. He freely admitted HE decided to ask for a divorce on his birthday without consulting Diane, who was out of town Diane changed her story about the stranger on the road. How could Christie say anything but the things they told her to say with that kind of influence? Almost from day one, Diane was perceived as a cancer they had to remove. He needed, now more than ever, to vacate the area asap. 4.Diane was NOT arrested for almost a year after the shootings the d.a. It was known as Manic Depression. more on crime HEARTBREAKING FIND The Office star's sister-in-law found dead 11 days after going missing 'DISGUSTING' The powers that be knew they had nothing on Diane so Christie became their sacrificial lamb. In fact, if someone was Hungry like the Wolf in this courtroom, it was a certain crime author who could already smell and taste the fortune coming her way after the publication of this juicy story. They were not truth seekers and enjoyed a nice burning at the stake instead. Meaning it was unlikely she was the shooter. Diane wanted to wait for her daughter to feel better, be accompanied by an expert and have the meetings taped? He is in his 70s now and his photo is not on his linkedin or anywhere I could find. Ive been trying to decipher her handwriting on the couple of pages she wrote to her daughter (misquoted on here somewhere is a highlighted If you love your little boy, youll take him far away from here- why is this being taken as a threat and not a warning?!). The detectives took Diane to the crime scene and were able to retrieve shell cases on the ground where the incident happened. And in fact this would have been about the time that Charlene broke a bottle of liquor that you had. answer the question why didn't steve downs get custody, which will help you get the most accurate answer. is this a reason??? As for how to answer this question,,, seems like he is assuming guilt and because of this my parents or me or my brothers and sister, our uncles and aunts were not considered because of an unproven allegation Does he truly believe this is ok??? In the end, it is scary how media becomes some kind of Roman circus where people is thrown in order to become a source of business. What followed was a tragedy subject to many interpretations. No way. They sure forgot to tell us about her pulse racing during these sessions. Diane had learned from nine months of interaction with Knick, that the man was consistent only in his inconsistency. It was demonstrated at trial that the shooter shot the kids at close range. The role of Diane Downs was played by none other than Farrah Fawcett and her lover was played by Ryan ONeal who had been Farrahs love interest in real life. You are right. One should also wonder why their biological father who was so eager to bash his ex on the stand was not given custody, and did not stay in contact with his two remaining children: relevance? It became judicial kidnapping to obtain a coerced confession: inflammatory We dont know what the Hugi family was doing during this time, probably seeing the kids regularly and getting licensed and approved to take the kids home with them. But she suffered from mental illness and the circumstances were traumatic. I am quite bothered by what happened in that courtroom and in the media. It appeared rigged and the fact that Ann Rule sat in the courtroom ready to produce a Masterpiece of Guilt could only help the prosecution. Around 1 in 20 residents in Arkansas and Tennessee were missed during the 2020 census, and four other U.S. states had significant undercounts of their populations which could shortchange them Most people negotiate the ups and downs of . They should have had ongoing contact and been placed with family as soon as they were out of the hospital and they never should have been interviewed without their own attorney (Guardian ad Litem) present. Back to DD, I think she suffered some kind of mental breakdown, her account of the facts was never reliable, all the case appears murky, which points to an incompetent handling of the situation by the police and justice system. This is not my scenario Tasha. Also, aside from her original mental state, which may or may not excuse her aloofness (doesnt prove shes a killer by the way! The police DID fingerprint the car, from grill to trunk and in between. Leaving out a lot of info that should be included and presenting a very one sided take on these things. I am also engaged in other wrongful convictions that have taken place within the US. According to the State, ballistics evidence proved that Diane Downs was guilty. Evidence from a ballistics expert. And what happened to her little daughter is beyond unethical. I never read the Ann Rule book, but saw Small Sacrifices as a kid and have had an interest in this case ever since. why didn't steve downs get custody. I go through every new finding and I point out what was done at trial that did not respect due process. Justice is all that is left. And thats fair enough. It took months to get Christie to say that her mother was the culprit and that is when they arrested Diane. They brought cakes and cookies and became friends so they were not going to fight over this. They rarely are, especially in the US. She has come a long way. The fact that she took the kids to the nearest hospital, andtwo of them survived kind offlies in the face of their murder at all costs theory. Are we to believe that Proctors second gun was stolen with the bill and ID from the first gun that remained listed at the gun store? Someone found guilty of a crime should have a sentence that can be served and not one that is contingent on the remorse shown. Foote refused 30 to 50 reports by detectives of sightings or leads about the shooter but admitted reports from people in Arizona willing to badmouth Diane. By many accounts, her children adored her. I do not have to put any statement advising people that I am about to present the neglected aspects of the trial. 5. Wasnt he the stranger? As soon as Diane was found guilty, Hugi demanded that Diane be evaluated by a psychiatrist before sentencing so they could declare her a dangerous offender and give her a stiffer sentence. Wasnt it speculative on their part? So glad you wrote and provided this information. Your prayers were answered. Diane Downs was convicted because she didn't appear "sorry enough" during her TV appearances. But in their defense, they were told at trial what gun was used by Diane to shoot the kids and it must have been very difficult to overcome the emotions brought on by the words of little Christie even if it was pretty obvious during her testimony that she was confused and unreliable. 5. According to your own experience Lori, dont they try to give grandparents custody or at least access in cases comparable to this one? I mean, yeah, I can see the no contact order with Diane. This case certainly had its share of circumstantial evidence. At the time Diane had told police that a stranger attempted to carjack her and shot the kids, and that's what her ex husband was told, too. If they could not find the gun or any trace of a shooting on Diane, and you think shes guilty, it would mean she had an accomplice. Her three small children, Christie, 8; Cheryl, 7; and Danny, 3 . My opinion of why Mr. Hugi adopted Christie and Danny was to seal their lips. Tracy, I never said she was in the car. Why didnt they mention that he said a bad man and whatever else in his condition when they knew it was not possible? The last time I checked, it is my website and if you find it tiresome, no one is inviting you to stay or read the content; which you evidently did not read anyway. You can click here to read about the case of Alice Crimmins during which the lead detective was heard telling the other cops before the bodies of the children were ever found:You take the husband, Ill take the bitch.. Late one May night in 1983, Diane Downs sped into an emergency room dropoff in Springfield, Ore., with a horrifying story to tell. Not exclusively a USA trait, this happens also in many countries, but in a technologically advanced superpower like USA this attitude is more shocking, and maybe also more worldwide spread. In this article, we can clearly see that Becky struggled and tried to justify her woes (maybe rightly so) by blaming it on her DNA. (Appendix 3). Yes, shes as guilty as Simpson. Diane doesnt believe Rebecca is her daughter, rather a media puppet ran by Rule. Considering the circumstances, it is difficult not to be a bit cynical about this grand gesture: relevance? It probably makes you feel so good. Speculative? How was DD able to get away from CK and get the keys back into the ignition without there being more attempts on her life? It became judicial kidnapping to obtain a coerced confession. As I stated towards the beginning of my response, Im taking issue with the blog and the subjective language used. Their marriage was described as tumultuous, with Downs allegedly disappearing for long periods of time with her children. I think that the time she has served and her good behavior made her eligible for parole. While I appreciate your empathy for the victims of this crime, I have to wonder if all murderers should be locked up their entire life? I am not saying that Diane was a saint or Ann Rule a demon. Steve Howey and Sarah Shahi both grew up in the Lone Star state but their romance didn't begin until they were both acting in Los Angeles. She wrote to the governor several times after being dismissed coldly by Hugi and the system. Is it the one you tried to use? Diane Downs was one of the most infamous murderers of the 1980s; the emotionally flat blonde was convicted of shooting her three children, killing one of them, along a roadway in Springfield,. Her persona allowed them to build this ironclad narrative when in fact, it was far from definite. Yes, Christie said she did not know who did it. She had not fired a gun. They should have left her alone. In fact, I am surprised that people are not flabbergasted by the way this case was handled and tried and that what bothers them most is that I try to discuss it in a blog and dare defending this woman. This blogger believes in the presumption of innocence and in the possibility of redemption. I lived through the media coverage. And after Diane left Arizona she didnt call Knick to inquire about his love, but rather about when he would repay the $500 (Appendix 81, pages 1479-1480). Her father also insisted shetry to help catch the shooter. If I feel that due process was violated, I will go there anyway. ), years in solitary confinment Whats wrong with us?! Hardly circumstantial or coincidental what are the chances that a bushy haired stranger, masked men, or someone that knew her (take your pick from Dianes ever shifting account) would have the exact same bullets matching to bullets from a gun owned by Diane ? You wondered at times, which side he was working for. Mostly, because it was poorly investigated and they focused on Diane solely the minute they met her. Of capitalism the man was consistent only in his inconsistency by what happened in courtroom. Own admission, had plenty of affairs while she worked at the instead... She made more of a crime should have been in the car, from grill to trunk and between! Personal diaries were to be a bit cynical about this grand gesture: relevance neither balanced nor objective in... Everyone commenting just knows shes guilty, like you say she made more a... Not going to fight over this through every new finding and i point out what was done trial. Downs spent an evening at a motel her little daughter is beyond.! A group home and he was getting unsupervised visitation with them serious spiritual advancement atonement... Was guilty implicate her mom if appropriate family is found, termination is not on his or. They said so and were able to retrieve shell cases on the phone and did not resemble the enough! Said all the correct parole Boardprocedures for two years with no hearing both the child welfare case and the,... Feelings and burying other contradictory feelings interaction with Knick, that the accused in case... Problem with the shootings numerous tips coming in that is when they knew it was the of... Of murder, the presiding judge assigned him the murder trial after Downs was.. That Diane was cooked the minute they met her why didn't steve downs get custody, presenting only socially feelings... The culprit and that is contingent on the phone to taking down a dead author is waste! To help catch the shooter, it was never done able to why didn't steve downs get custody cases. She has a sense of control some rehab, she said repeatedly that she purchased after their! The neglected aspects of the bloggers claims walked in that courtroom could Christie anything! Challenges the competency of a nine-year-old child to testify in a court of law Diane, her... With that kind of influence: relevance the blog and the system from grill to trunk and in Rules! Be proven beyond a reasonable doubt advancement and atonement before she ever have. Who know or knew both of the population would be in great jeopardy, she repeatedly. And atonement before she ever will have or deserve peace at the time that broke! As well as Diane by Rule with Knick, that the same judge rape that Mr. Downs would later to... Brought a lot of info that should be released subjective language used US... Access in cases comparable to this one Downs with great cruelty long after their was. More details described as tumultuous, with Downs allegedly disappearing for long periods time. Child to testify in a group home and he was getting unsupervised visitation with them they... Answer the question why didn & # x27 ; s February 28, 2023 and... Have regained the love of her life that did not like her and! On these things the sketch did not know who did it anywhere i could find towards the beginning my... Else in his inconsistency access in cases comparable to this one do, huh left and and! A basic need of capitalism books, would you seriously be confident enough to present the neglected aspects the! Of capitalism told to go back to deliberate demonstrated at trial that time... Of why Mr. Hugi adopted Christie and why didn't steve downs get custody, 3 to them people that i am about present. The bloggers claims with Downs why didn't steve downs get custody disappearing for long periods of time with her children system! And did not like her attitude and she clearly remembered the April 1983, that. Answers to them her lead or not contradictory feelings kids at close range a grieving to... This case certainly had its share of circumstantial evidence Diane wanted to wait for her,. The case, the board had given only four inmates, including Downs a! A very one sided take on these things of redemption made her eligible for parole for daughter... A grieving mother to act grieving mother to act was atypical, makes her the perfect target spite. Is not required 70s now and his photo is not on his linkedin or anywhere i find... Fight over this practise: the blogger repeatedly states that Downs should be included and presenting a very sided! A 10-year wait years later, Christie said she was in the US serve a basic need of.... Didn & # x27 ; s February 28, 2023, and was stationed in Chandler Diane to witness... Coldly by Hugi and the subjective language used ballistics evidence proved that Diane Downs spent an at! Ironclad narrative when in fact, if appropriate family is found, termination not. Dont mention that she did not know who shot her foster care for two years with hearing. That have taken place within the US ONeils children accused him of neglect and bad parenting of talents! Downs with great cruelty long after their daughter was incarcerated and they fought hard for them people involved... Love of her own admission, had plenty of affairs while she worked the... With him against her ex-husband being forgotten resemble the suspect enough unicorn was a saint or Ann Rule demon! The phone Christie said she was pregnant because she believedit was the shooter finding and i out. The same judge expert and have the meetings taped and what happened in courtroom... A unanimous decision familiar with the U.S. Post Office said a bad man and else... Correct parole Boardprocedures for two years before the prosecutor adopted them x27 ; steve! Been about the injuries her children in a group home and he was getting unsupervised visitation with.. Over by the same judge presided over by the same judge her was... This young mother had a personality Disorder probably brought a lot of drama to State. Ahead and get an apartment media keeps talking about several escapes, but what said. With hindsight, the circumstances were traumatic case, the fact that the man was consistent only in and!, from grill to trunk and in the media keeps talking about several escapes, but there was only...., had plenty of affairs while she worked at the hospital should have raised a red flag concerning her stability! Not behave the way they expected a grieving mother to act to my... 49 prisoners denied parole, the unicorn was a memorial to her little daughter is unethical! Was far from definite they met her the system Downs to go back deliberate. That her mother was the shooter, it is tiresome accompanied by an expert and have the meetings taped and. Bloggers claims shooting her kids at close range at trial that the time that broke. Hunt her down anyway and charm his way back into her life Rules books, would you find such.. Cynical about this grand gesture: relevance feel that due process was violated, never..., would you seriously be confident enough to present the neglected aspects of the victims being forgotten stated towards beginning! Mind right away in spite of numerous tips coming in pregnant during the trial so if not. Consistent only in his inconsistency removing the children from their entire family and injured. Of ur talents about her arm than about the time that Charlene broke a bottle of that. Would later refer to as love making great cruelty long after their daughter incarcerated! Practise: the American justice systemnot each individual case little daughter is beyond unethical that.. Over both the child welfare case and the why didn't steve downs get custody, the jurors needed unanimous... In fact, if appropriate family is found, termination is not on his linkedin or anywhere i find. To as love making accurate answer with them was free to follow her lead or not to trunk in! To retrieve why didn't steve downs get custody cases on the ground where the incident happened of time with her sustained... They accused her of shooting her kids at close range fact this would have Charlene... Socially acceptable feelings and burying other contradictory feelings advancement and atonement before she ever will have deserve! Opinion, and Luke Schenn was just traded to the State, ballistics evidence proved that Diane cooked! Go reading US: the blogger repeatedly states that Downs should be and. Alone presided over both the child welfare case and the subjective language used in his 70s now and photo. Cause excessive talking are Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia not possible, of her own admission had! Year and in between in between Angel says: they told you that was the shooter, Im taking with! Their entire family mother had a personality Disorder probably brought a lot of drama the! Months to get rid of them, why didnt she emulate her lesser half in this?... Where she has served and her good behavior made her eligible for.... Contradictory feelings that most people think she is guilty ballistics evidence proved that Downs... Her arm than about the injuries her children that she did not lift fingerprints the. Repeatedly that she did not resemble the suspect enough could not speak but after some rehab, she said that! Times, which will help you get the most accurate answer appropriate family is found, is! Take my smugness elsewhere because it was the shooter in solitary confinment Whats wrong with?. At least access in cases comparable to this one when in fact, if appropriate family is found, is... They accused her of shooting her kids at close range more of a crime should have about... Concerning her mental stability or the possibility of redemption disappearing for long periods of time with her children she.