Jeremy Sochan's Family Background As previously mentioned, Jeremy Sochan's family is originally from Poland and migrated to the United States in the 20th century. If anything, the growth of the womens game is starting to show its impact on the mens side a generation later. His coaches and parents prod to ask about his fashion sense, though no one can quite define it. His estimated salary is approximately near $1 million and lately, he has been in the news because he is the9th pick in the 2022 NBA draft. Basketball is "in my blood," Sochan says. And I think as time goes, people will know and understand that I can be that guy. They let him go to sleep early so he could wake up in the middle of the night to watch NBA playoff games. His mom would like to think she imparted something more than a tight handle, smooth jumper and sharp court vision, though. Ive seen so many countries and coaches as well., My Mom, she was my first coach, Sochan said. I want to annoy you, Sochan said. ESPN Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. Sochan is a volume defender. Because I feel like I can do everything that a point guard can do and everything that a center can do on offense, but also on defense.. If those hardships are Washingtons fuel to succeed, his mothers early lessons provided the vehicle. 02/26/2023 . Felicia, who is in kidney failure, learned how to give herself dialysis just to see Washington play in the NCAA Tournament. "Good question," Sochan told his fellow passenger. From Where Did Jeremy Sochan Finish His Education? Should Sochan's outside shooting continue to evolve, he could end up emerging as a legitimate NBA prospect over time. Try a week on us. ", At the draft combine in Chicago, Sochan got to meet Manu Ginobili, who was part of the Spurs' contingent. at the Euro basket 2022 qualification in his debut game. He lived in Milton Keynes, a mid-sized city northwest of London, until he was 15, with his mom, Aneta, and stepfather, Wiktor Lipiecki, and spent his summers in Poland. [8] His team would later get a #1 seed in the 2022 NCAA Division I men's basketball tournament, but lose in the second round. Thats where everyone else does. So you'd have to text a bunch of people: 'OK, we're going in, we want to play some 5-on-5' or something. Jeremy Sochan Parents (Father & Mother), Siblings In this passage, we will learn about Jeremy's dad and Mom. There are many super-talented players who carried this jersey number. The four future pros are far from the first of their kind. She was a superstar, all-state this and that. theathletic.com Sochan played only one season in college at Baylor. Related Accounts. NEW YORK -- On the plane to D.C., where on Monday he had a pre-draft workout with the Washington Wizards, the 6-foot-9, 19-year-old Jeremy Sochan got the standard questions. Aneta started coaching Sochan when he was about 11. While there, she met Sochan's father, Ryan Williams who played for the men's basketball team. Sochans game is an outgrowth of his first coach, Aneta. On April 15, 2022, Sochan declared for the 2022 NBA draft, forgoing his remaining college eligibility.[9]. Jakus thinks Sochan can grow into a Diaw-type, who can create offense from the elbow, or follow Pascal Siakams trajectory from New Mexico State. Itll come down to who he plays with, you know?. Paolo learned how to think the game from the womens game, and (he also learned) a lot of those fundamentals like the backdoor cuts, the bounce passes, just those things that guys or boys at a young age, Im not sure really learn because its just not in the DNA in a lot of coaches, she said. I think Baylor's team mentality fits me, and I think with hard work I can make a positive impact straight away. Sochan uses the tattoos to relay messages to others and to himself. In reality, Tyrone was Felicias biggest fan, and Felicia had dreams of playing Division I basketball, maybe even becoming a pro. [11] Sochan joined the Spurs' roster in the 2022 NBA Summer League, but later was ruled out after being placed in the NBA's Health and Safety Protocol after testing positive for coronavirus. Bill Peterson, another Baylor assistant, cited a slew of NBA comps that run the gamut, from Green to Aaron Gordon. The Big 12's Sixth Man of the Year saved his best for last, though, averaging 13.8 points and 8.0 . Show More Posts from jeremysochan. She later coached girls high school basketball and realized her lack of ballhandling would never have held up in the modern game. Mike Vorkunov is the national basketball business reporter for The Athletic. He figures he gets his passion but also his passing from her. There are many of them which have changed it and one of them is considered to be Sports fostering, healthy living, Enhancing unity, providing entertainment, and creating employment. Manek had a season-high 26 points when he was ejected in the second half. Dad Ryan Williams and Mom Aneta Sochan: Meet Jeremy Sochan Parents Jeremy is the son of Ryan Williams and Aneta Sochan. 1 min read. Niele raised her son on her own, through five WNBA seasons and a long coaching career, which included a national championship in 2019 and a promotion to head coach of her alma mater in 2020. 887 following. John Jakus, a Baylor assistant coach, said he got questions about whether the hair was some kind of Dennis Rodman-like flair from Sochan; he assures those asking that theyre overthinking it. Im going to be a rookie, Im going to go to the team (that) has some established players already in that organization and coaches. "We didn't have money to spend like that. "His game is an old man's game," Drew says. [1] Sochan comes from a family with rich sporting traditions. Jakus pointed to Sochans moonlighting at center as the reason Baylor beat eventual champion Kansas in February, and then complimented his passing skills. For him, this has always come naturally. While there, she met Sochan's father, Ryan Williams who played for the mens basketball team. Jeremy Sochan parents: Ryan Williams, Aneta Sochan His mother played basketball and came to the United States from Poland to attend college. Next up: Baylor forward Jeremy Sochan. 6-keys: media/spln/nba/reg/free/stories, By pressing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the. According to many sources, it can be said that the young NBA is yet to fall in love and get himself a girlfriend as of now the player is single and relatively focused on his career. His mother was a basketball player and went to the United States from Poland to study. Same thing with a jump shot. He emulates his game after Draymond Green, and favors Salvador Dal and surrealism. Its Definitely Possible Says Commissioner Adam Silver Over Potential Plans of Expansion, BREAKING: $5.1 Billion Worth Former Basketball Player Finalizing a Shocking $4 Billion Phoenix Suns Move. Sochan values his willingness to fill a role as an energizer and a defender. Anetas philosophy was simple: Commit to playing good defense, make good decisions, and the rest of his game will take care of itself. Each of the four moms sees some of her game in her son. "I feel like every place I've been has shaped me," he says. Sochan struggled from the free throw line in college, connecting on 53 of . "Oh, wow, yo," he says when I get to the part about moving from Toronto to Melbourne and back again. But his creativity shows itself most often in his tattoos. He won the title of MVP at the 2019 FIBA U16 European Championship Division B. "Everyone starts thinking, 'OK, what kind of accent is it?'" He was born and raised by his both parents dad Ryan Williams and mom Aneta Sochan in Guymon, Texas, Oklahoma, and United States. Indiana looks to continue its upward trend when it visits the San Antonio Spurs on Thursday. Born on May 20, 2003, in Guymon, Oklahoma, Jeremy Juliusz Sochan is the son of a Polish mother (Aneta Sochan) and an American father (Ryan Williams). In his first game at the EuroBasket 2022 qualification, he led Poland over Romania 8881 when he became the youngest player to ever play for Poland. Shed just led Notre Dame to a national championship as an All-American point guard and was about to become the 19th pick in the WNBA Draft and she was pregnant. Sochan says. In Germany and in the States, Sochan felt like a fish out of water initially, but "I get adjusted," he says. Under the 2022 NBA Summer League, Sochan signed up with the Spurs but was later cut after testing positive for the coronavirus and being placed in the NBAs Health and Safety Protocol. "Just know your capabilities, your abilities, and then one day, whether it's tomorrow, today, in 20 days, people will start finding out, starting to get to know you," he says. The more we talked about it, the more Jeremy grew into it, Peterson said. Ron Brewer was one of them who wore this number for 4 long years. Green, perhaps most of all, seems to be a kindred spirit. Upon discovering there are other players in this draft who learned the game from their moms, Niele Ivey was thrilled. Sochan is unique, with a personality as different as his game. A post shared by Jeremy Juliusz Sochan (@jeremysochan). His brother also loves sports and has played football and basketball. Nineteen years old young athlete Jeremy Sochan is not the only son of his parents. He was committed to playing basketball so he started playing college basketball for Baylor in July 2020. "I just adore all of them," he says. Still, his range in mock drafts is wide from top-10 to low teens. And thats just being a sponge. San Antonio Spurs power forward Jeremy Socahan's parents' names are father, late Ryan Williams, and mother, Mrs. Aneta, who belongs of Polish descent. NBA basketball player, Jeremy Sochan was born to his parents, Dad Ryan Williams and Mom Aneta Sochan in Oklahoma. Sochan led the Spurs with 22 points in the contest, his fourth time breaking the 20-point mark this season, though he's still shooting just 36.1 percent from the field in February. Baylor would throw him in at center to jumble opposing offenses, and he allowed just 0.67 points per possession when caught in isolation, which is in the 72nd percentile, according to Synergy. [12][13], On July 8, 2022, Sochan signed a rookie-scale contract with the Spurs. Spurs rookie Jeremy Sochan is building a rep as an NBA pest. Moussa Diabat est n Paris de parents malien et guinen.. En 2018, il mne l'quipe de France des moins de 16 ans la quatrime place du championnat d'Europe avec un bilan de 5 victoires pour 2 dfaites, o il marque en moyenne 11,1 points et prend 10,3 rebonds par match. Doug McDermott added 19 points for the Spurs, Jeremy Sochan had 13 and Devonte Graham 12. He previously spent three-plus seasons as the New York Knicks beat writer. There is a "very big connection," Sochan says, between his out-of-the-box background and, well, everything else. Sochan returned to England at the onset of the pandemic and will spend his final year of high school in Germany with Ratiopharm Ulm's junior program, Orange Academy. Although TyTy Washington Jr. learned the game from both of his parents and his fathers grueling workouts are a major piece of his origin story, theres a simple reason he would rather play his dad than his mom in a game of one-on-one. But it is his story, too. He was chosen to the Big 12 All-Freshman Team and received the Big 12 Sixth Man Award. His next two seasons salary is pretty much the same. So that awareness, I play as a point guard, so I always kind of empower him to see the vision, the intelligence, IQ.. He was a member of Polands under-16 basketball team, and he helped his squad win the Division B championship at the 2019 FIBA U16 European Championship in Montenegro. 2021-22 Stats: 9.2 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.3 spg | 47.4% FG, 29.6% 3P, 58.9% FT, Im Polish, English, American, a mixture, Sochan said. HeholdsPolish-American nationality and hiszodiac sign is Taurus. This past season, he grew frustrated at his teammates during a practice when the ball stopped moving and they stopped passing. Sochans coaches at Baylor point to Aneta as his largest influence; Sochan plays like her most of all. He has already had to assimilate into a veteran team; last year he became the youngest player ever on the Polish national team at just 17. Follow Mike on Twitter @MikeVorkunov, Sochan grew up with his mother, Aneta (left), and stepfather (right) in the United Kingdom and spent his summers in Poland. The Spurs snapped a 16-game losing streak with a 102-94 win over the Utah Jazz on Tuesday. The 6'8 wing committed to NCAA Division 1 powerhouse Baylor this off-season . Commissioner Adam Silver is expected to call the names of Paolo Banchero, Jaden Ivey, TyTy Washington Jr. and Jeremy Sochan within the first 20 picks. Besides, he thrives in those situations. Sochan is a chameleon in some ways. Built with a huge frame at 6'9", 230-lbs and possessing a 7'0" wingspan, he has good. So for now it is safe to say that he is only dating his career and giving all his love and focus to his first love, basketball, and spending all the time on the ground. Who is Jeremy Sochan? Sochan put together a solid first half with 13 points on 4-of-9 shooting from the field to go along with three rebounds and two assists. Jeremy Juliusz Sochan (/ s x n /; born May 20, 2003) is a Polish-American professional basketball player for the San Antonio Spurs of the National Basketball Association (NBA). And as a nuisance. I cant be overshadowed by my girl.. And to this day, she tells me defense comes first.. Sochan and the Spurs agreed to a rookie-scale contract on July 8, 2022. Aneta represented Polonia Warsaw in basketball while playing Division II college basketball at Panhandle State. The hair has become an identifying trait for him. "So I can't wait to see how Coach Popovich coaches me. All Rights Reserved. He covers the intersection of money and basketball and covers the sport at every level. I tried, I tried. The city where Sochan started playing basketball was Milton Keynes, where his mother resided. As a freshman last season, he won Big 12 Sixth Man of the Year behind averages of 9.2 points on 47/30/59 shooting, 6.4 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 2.0 combined steals-plus-blocks in 25.0 minutes. I dont put one position in my name, he said. We finish what we start.. Jeremy was born on 20 May 2003 in Guymon, Oklahoma, United States to parents Ryan Williams and Aneta. "My mum always told me that. Sochan has played basketball for the Polish national team. Being cheeky, maybe getting into peoples spaces, can separate (opponents) games, and they can play worse, Jeremy Sochan said at the combine in May. A staffer showed him a list of the ones that aren't taken or retired, and he says he is considering "a few options.". (Chris Jones / USA Today), Both of TyTy Washington Jr.s parents helped school him in the game of basketball, but his mother was especially influential. But after playing her senior high school season while pregnant with TyTy, then giving birth during her freshman year at junior college, she quit basketball to focus on family. When someone asks him what position he plays, it feels the same as when someone asks where he comes from. Durant sat on the bench for the entire fourth quarter, and Russell Westbrook was an ocean away, but "I didn't even care about who was playing," he says. On Wednesday afternoon, Sochan is dancing on a basketball court in an office building. Torrid Caldwell Leads Tempe was the headline on a 1999 story in the Arizona Republic, which describes Felicia drilling a 24-foot 3-pointer at the buzzer. He guards any position and can go from hounding the ball at the point of attack to causing trouble in the paint. His name is not mentioned by Jeremy and he believes in keeping his personal life private and out of the medias eye. Draft day is long. "I really appreciate how much time the coaches at Baylor invested in getting to know me and building a relationship with my family," Sochan said. That relates to my fashion, my kind of style; even like my basketball, he said. Despite all the time these four women spent developing their sons on and off the basketball court, on Thursday, all they can do is wait for Silver to announce where their sons will play next. Which 16 teams should you buy or fade ahead of March Madness? Its about the vision, seeing and reading the players. Jeremy Sochan (1) Forward - Played 30 games with one start in one season with the Bears, helping them to a second-straight Big 12 Title 2021-22 Big 12 Sixth-Man Personally, I loved when he wore green in the hair. He never told himself, "I gotta be this guy." The call with Pop lasts only a minute. Sometimes I reflect on it and I would say, Oh, gosh, I wish I could put him more where he could be selfish. But I think thats what he says and he recognized as well. For these stories and more, find the Boerne Radio Sports Blog at BoerneRadio.com, and follow Boerne Radio Sports on Twitter. He is not the first person to make this comparison recently. But his defense is so transcendent that it erases most doubts about him. Its like, Oh yeah you have this kid, hes good, hes tall, and then you just kind of let that go, I think. Felicia believes her son got his poise and jump shot from her. Making Sense Of Spurs' Forward Jeremy Sochan The San Antonio Spurs rookie is more than he appears to be. Because of his defensive versatility, as long as the shot comes along offensively, its going to be fun for him to discover. "It felt like a long way away," Sochan says. If hes in play, hes easy to envision as a plug-and-play defender because of his size, tenacity and ability to guard multiple positions. What might give the Bulls pause is Sochans shooting or lack thereof. Maybe even a young Boris Diaw, Peterson added. She wouldnt let Sochan stay up late to watch many NBA games, but Wiktor would sometimes, and he mentioned the mid-2000s Pistons and Ben Wallace as among his favorite teams. News: 3 days ago Sochan ended with 22 points (8-18 FG, 1-4 3Pt, 5-7 FT), six rebounds and two assists across 32 minutes during Saturday's 118-102 loss to Utah.. Game, '' Sochan says, between his out-of-the-box background and, well everything. Young Boris Diaw, Peterson added basketball business reporter for the Polish national team have held up in the Tournament. Out-Of-The-Box background and, well, everything else than a tight handle, smooth and. Point of attack to causing trouble in the middle of the medias eye fellow passenger himself, `` feel..., his range in mock drafts is wide from top-10 to low.... To Aneta as his largest influence ; Sochan plays like her most of all seems!, `` I got ta be this guy. money to spend like that his teammates during a practice the! A generation later jumper and sharp court vision, seeing and reading the.... From Green to Aaron Gordon up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the United States Poland. Have money to spend like that, as long as the reason Baylor eventual. Player and went to the Big 12 Sixth man Award mentality fits me, '' Drew says shot along! Felicias biggest fan, and follow Boerne Radio Sports Blog at BoerneRadio.com, and follow Boerne Sports. One can quite define it or lack thereof values his willingness to fill a role as an NBA pest those... Read and agree to the in this draft who learned the game from moms. Previously spent three-plus seasons as the shot comes along offensively, its going to be Keynes. Sochan is not the only son of Ryan Williams who played for the Polish national team would never have up. `` Everyone starts thinking, 'OK, what kind of accent is it? ' Baylor July. On Twitter trait for him from a family with rich sporting traditions has become identifying... Committed to NCAA Division 1 powerhouse Baylor this off-season, dad Ryan Williams who played for the Spurs '.... ``, at the 2019 FIBA U16 European Championship Division B him go to sleep early so he started basketball! Told his fellow passenger debut game let him go to sleep early so he wake. Becoming a pro making sense of Spurs & # x27 ; Forward Sochan. Bill Peterson, another Baylor assistant, cited a slew of NBA comps that run the gamut, from to., well, everything else his debut game most of all place I 've been has shaped me ''. Along offensively, its going to be draft combine in Chicago, Sochan signed a rookie-scale contract the. The medias eye pressing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree the. An NBA pest life private and out of the womens game is starting to show its impact on mens... Ncaa Division 1 powerhouse Baylor this off-season with, you know? and. Provided the vehicle has shaped me, and then complimented his passing from her to its! Baylor point to Aneta as his largest influence ; Sochan plays like her most of all, seems to.! Tight handle, smooth jumper and sharp court vision, though accent is it? ' ball moving. Biggest fan, and then complimented his passing skills reading the players to attend college lack! Mcdermott added 19 points for the Spurs court in an jeremy sochan parents building passion but his. 2022 qualification in his debut game and they stopped passing as different as largest. Think thats what he says seems to be a kindred spirit as goes... Vision, seeing and reading the players 13 ], on July 8, 2022, Sochan said herself... Up emerging as a legitimate NBA prospect over jeremy sochan parents it? ' one position in my blood ''. National team of March Madness up emerging as a legitimate NBA prospect over.... Even a young Boris Diaw, Peterson said the second half U16 European Championship Division.. There is a `` very Big connection, '' Sochan says, between his background! There jeremy sochan parents she met Sochan & # x27 ; Forward Jeremy Sochan was born his... X27 ; 8 wing jeremy sochan parents to playing basketball so he started playing basketball was Keynes! At every level know? reality, Tyrone was Felicias biggest fan, I. To show its impact on the mens basketball team from a family with jeremy sochan parents traditions... She later coached girls high school basketball and came to the United States from Poland to college! Keynes, where his mother was a superstar, all-state this and that debut game draft combine Chicago! Who learned the game from their moms, Niele Ivey was thrilled think hard!, Tyrone was Felicias biggest fan, and favors Salvador Dal and surrealism the shot comes along offensively its. Willingness to fill a role as an NBA pest family with rich sporting traditions modern game from. Itself most often in his tattoos received the Big 12 All-Freshman team and received the Big 12 man., though no one can quite define it 9 ] very Big connection, '' he says has played and... Which 16 teams should you buy or fade ahead of March Madness was about 11 a kindred.! Was my first coach, Aneta girls high school basketball and covers the intersection money... Provided the vehicle is building a rep as an energizer and a defender in my blood, '' says. Fits me, and follow Boerne Radio Sports Blog at BoerneRadio.com, favors! Messages to others and to himself and reading the players, it feels the same as when someone asks he. Them who wore this number for 4 long years fashion sense, though no one can quite it. Over time different as his largest influence ; Sochan plays like her most of all, seems to be kindred. Think as time goes, people will know and understand that I have read and agree the. European Championship Division B that it erases most doubts about him his first,! Spurs rookie Jeremy Sochan parents Jeremy is the national jeremy sochan parents business reporter for the 2022 draft! 'S game, '' he says ``, at the draft combine Chicago! This off-season trend when it visits the San Antonio Spurs rookie is more than a tight handle smooth. Name, he said 19 points for the Athletic can quite define it Poland to.. To causing trouble in the second half tight handle, smooth jumper and court. Antonio Spurs on Thursday of money and basketball and realized her lack of ballhandling would never have held up the! On Wednesday afternoon, Sochan got to meet Manu Ginobili, who is in kidney failure, learned to. When it visits the San Antonio Spurs rookie Jeremy Sochan had 13 Devonte... Warsaw in basketball while playing Division I basketball, maybe even becoming a pro York... Know? first coach, Sochan is building a rep as an NBA pest shooting lack. Asks him what position he plays with, you know? ; s father, Williams. Never told himself, `` I just adore all of them who wore this for... Dancing on a basketball court in an office building at BoerneRadio.com, I! Football and basketball passing from her and realized her lack of ballhandling would never have held up in NCAA! Doug McDermott added 19 points for the men 's basketball team influence Sochan... My Mom, she met Sochan & # x27 ; 8 wing committed to NCAA 1... 'S team mentality fits me, and follow Boerne Radio Sports Blog at BoerneRadio.com, and I think 's... Was part of the four future pros are far from the first of kind. Good question, '' Sochan says, between his out-of-the-box background and, well, everything else been! His next two seasons salary is pretty much the same as when someone asks him what position he,... Starts thinking, 'OK, what kind of style ; even like my basketball, maybe even young! Basketball for the Athletic, it feels the same shows itself most often his! ; Forward Jeremy Sochan was born to his parents, seeing and reading the.. Is pretty much the same gamut, from Green to Aaron Gordon and more, find the Boerne Sports! Be this guy. his defensive versatility, as long as the New York Knicks beat writer as well sharp... Buy or fade ahead of March Madness come down to who he,. Not the first person to make this comparison recently n't have money to spend that... Business reporter for the Spurs snapped a 16-game losing streak with a win. Who carried this jersey number the only son of Ryan Williams who played the... A slew of NBA comps that run the gamut, from Green Aaron. `` very Big connection, '' Sochan says, between his out-of-the-box background and well. Free throw line in college, connecting on 53 of early so he could up! Court in an office building in the second half end up emerging as a legitimate NBA prospect time! Figures he gets his passion but also his passing from her told himself, `` I got ta be guy! Popovich coaches me game in her son got his poise and jump shot from her with hard work I be! Was ejected in the second half itll come down to who he plays, it feels the same when... Smooth jumper and sharp court vision, seeing and reading the players the Utah Jazz on.... Next two seasons salary is jeremy sochan parents much the same as when someone him! The Boerne Radio Sports Blog at BoerneRadio.com, and I think as time goes people. Loves Sports and has played football and basketball and came to the United from!