Pour cake mix over the brown sugarbutterpineapple and bake as directed on the box. Bake the cake for about 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick stuck in the middle comes out clean. Do you think you can make this with a packaged gluten free cake mix? Enjoy! In the middle of the brown sugar in each muffin cup, press a maraschino cherry. If you use sour cream or mayonnaise in place of dry, tangy batter, you will get a moisture boost. If you like simple yet delicious recipes, this 2-Ingredient Pineapple Cake is a must to make! Pineapple bits go on top. Set the oven's temperature to 350F. Top with cherry pie filling. Grease and flour three 8 inch cake pans. Cant wait to taste it! 1 20 oz. This sounds really easy and yummy. I love that you have a mix of Slavic and American recipes on here! Perfect for the holidays or as a tasty family dessert any time of the year. . I must say this looks sooo yummy! Grease the bottom and sides of an 1113-inch pan with oil or butter, or line with parchment paper. In a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl and a hand held mixer) mix the cake mix, eggs, oil, and mandarin oranges with the juice for 2 minutes until smooth and lump free. Spread blueberries in a rectangular cake pan (Dimensions: 139). In order to ensure a smooth cake batter, it is critical that it is not over- or under-mixed. Bake in an oven that has already been heated for 40 to 42 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 for dark or nonstick pan) Spray 2 8x3 cake pans with non-stick spray and set aside. Blend the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl. While the cake is still hot, poke holes in it with a fork and spread crushed pineapple from a can on top. Thank you so much Gloria! In case you are making a box cake, make sure all of the eggs listed in the package are used instead of small ones. Mix cake as directed. Unfortunately there isnt a way to cut back on the sugar unless you buy canned fruit that is reduced sugar. Flip onto a serving platter. Spread out the brown sugar over the butter. Carefully turn your cake over, but leave the serving plate where it is. Because youll use mostly store-bought, pre-made ingredients, anyone can nail this recipe. Put a cherry in the middle of each slice of pineapple. Thanks Shelby! Cut the pineapple rings in half and, alternating with the cherries, place into the butter-brown sugar mixture in the bottom of the pan. Its difficult to say without being there. Pour batter over the brown sugar and fruit at the bottom of each cupcake cup. , , 4 , . Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 pan. So I looked up to make sure I had details right If you want to replace the normal oil and eggs in a cake mix recipe, use a 12 oz. Let cool. Otherwise, the frosting will melt. Zuppa Toscana Olive Garden Copycat (VIDEO). This classic recipe is so easy to make with a secret shortcut. Preheat oven to 350. Bake at 350 of for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes. By removing all of the ingredients, such as oil and butter, a boxed cake can be improved to the highest level. I almost , Hi you guys welcome back! Keep the cake in the fridge. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over bottom of two 8-inch round cake pans and pour butter evenly over sugar. Chill for 30 minutes before serving. Start beating it at low speed for 30 seconds. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of crushed pineapple over the cherry and compact it with the back of a spoon into an even layer. Stir on medium heat. In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes together. Itll stay moist and delicious as long as you cover it with plastic wrap. Before placing the pineapple upside down in the cake, blot any excess liquid from the pineapple. Ingredients for Cake. Do not drain pineapple. I hope that helps! Im happy you enjoyed this cake! I am making this for Thanksgiving, 2018. i used to make it literally decades ago. Pineapple upside down cake is one of my favorites and after trying many recipes are fine that duncan did it better its easy to understand and you are giving everything but the pineapples to complete this desert comes out perfect not too sweet but really delicious and moist. Both the pineapple bits and the crushed pineapple should be opened and drained in a colander. Distribute the batter evenly over the fruit. Finding The Perfect Cake For 100 Guests: Understanding The Cost And Factors Involved, How To Calculate The Amount Of Candy Melts For A Dozen Cake Pops. Once the sides have pulled away from the pan, your cake is ready to serve! How to Make Duncan Pineapple Upside Down Cake Step 1: Prepare the Topping Pour melted butter into a 9-inch pie plate. Once that's all equally distributed, add your eggs, crushed pineapple, and vanilla, and mix well. 1 box yellow cake mix (with ingredients on the back of the box, with water switched out for pineapple juice) 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix 1 cups 2% milk 8 ounces whipped topping (Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream) 8 ounces pineapple chunks (drained) Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. How to make a Duncan upside-down pineapple cake Step 1: Make the ToppingPour melted butter into a pie plate that's 9 inches in diameter. Duncan Hines Serve it with a bit of whipped cream as a dessert. You can leave the nuts out and it will still taste great. Set aside. Stir in coconut and pineapple. Exploring The Debate Within The Culinary And Art Worlds, How Long Does Cake Pop Dough Last? We are compensated for referring traffic. Bake cake for 35-40 or until cake is golden brown and springs back when touched. Hi Maria, I think its best eaten the same day its made. 1 box Duncan Hines pineapple cake mix 1 (20 oz.) Do you have to add pineapple to the cake or are there other substitutes I can use? Soften gelatin in the cup water. See ingredients, nutrition, and other product information here Buy Now Tell your friends: Featured Recipe This pineapple dream cake is moist, buttery, and oh so heavenly! Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Cream Cheese Frosting, fresh blueberries and 1 more. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until they look like lemons (about 5 minutes). Butter bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch baking pan. We made this More inspiration can be found in the archives of my blog, which include Frosting Filling recipes and other Frosting dishes. Place aside. Check at . What could be better than a delicious pineapple upside down cake recipe? This will give the cake a richer flavor. Add the sour cream and crushed pineapple to the batter and mix until combined. I drizzled the top with 1 stick of melted butter to which i added half cup of coconut oil. A weekend phone call with my Mom, turned into a discovery of this cake! Butter bottom and sides ofa 913 inch baking pan. Place in ungreased tube pan and bake according to the directions on the box. Bake in an oven that has already been heated for 2535 minutes, or until the cakes are a light golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean. Bring this classic dish straight from the oven and serve it hot. The cake mix didnt all bake in with the butter, mostly where it was higher over cherries, so there were patches of browned baked cake mix. Spray two 8-by-3-inch cake pans with nonstick cooking spray and set them aside. Spread the brown sugar out and arrange the pineapple and cherries on top. Here youll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Follow the directions on the cake mix box, but add the pineapple before adding the eggs. Im eating this as I write my review and I gotta say Im kinda disappointed:/ this dessert is way too sweet and I usually like sweet but this is over powering. . We ate it warm with coconut whipped topping sprayed on top and it was fabulous! Arrange pineapple slices and cherries on top of brown sugar. Made with Duncan Hines cake mix with a beautiful topping of caramelized pineapples and maraschino cherries, this classic recipe is so easy to prepare with a secret shortcut. In a boxed cake mix, you can use mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, or melted ice cream to make it moist and rich. doles crushed pineapple juice and all, 1 cup(s) light brown sugar, firmly packed. cake With a spoon, stir until fully combined. Thank you for sharing your great review! This Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake has just 5 ingredients and is probably one of the easiest desserts youll ever make. Save 1 cup of the juice for the cake mix. Using these tips and techniques, you can make your box cake fluffy and moist. Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting is a great option for topping a carrot cake. Nothing beats a big slice of handmade chocolate cake topped with rich chocolate icing and a tall glass of milk to get your day started off right. It presents best on the day its made. Hi Molly, Im sorry to hear it didnt work out for you. No time to get to the store. Sprinkle the top evenly with dry cake mix, add nuts if using then drizzle the top with melted butter. Maddy, I dont typically include calorie counts because of the time constraint that I have. Hope its not too dry! My pleasure Gail! Instructions. pineapple upside down cake Put the butter mixture into a pan for baking. Cake slicers can be used to make an additional layer of cake by slicing it up into smaller pieces. Try using Pineapple Supreme in a pineapple upside-down cake! I hope you love it! If your cake recipe calls for water, use your pineapple juice mixture instead. Pour the mixture on top of the parchment paper and use a spatula to spread it out evenly on the bottom of the pan. Add enough water to remaining juice to make 1 1/3 cup of liquid. Thats a great idea! This is a classic recipe for pot luck meals. Fold in 1/2 cup coconut flakes. Hi Vivian, Ive never had that experience before so Im not sure what could have gone wrong. The brown sugar should be sprinkled over the melted butter in the pan. Melt the butter in a bowl or pot that can go in the microwave or on the stove and add the brown sugar and vanilla. Duncan Hines Pineapple Upside Down cake with vanilla pudding Vanilla is one of the few flavors that pairs well with everything. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and cracked. Make sure it's big enough to hold all of your cake. 1. Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a soft scrumptious cake, with a caramelized brown sugar in Preheat oven to 350. Can you use pineapple juice instead of water in an upside down cake? Duncan Hines Pineapple Upside-Down CakeLemon Cake With Yellow Cake MixTrisha Yearwoods Key Lime CakePunch Bowl CakeBanana Cake, 1 (18 1/4-ounce) 1 (18 1/4-ounce) box yellow cake mix, 1 (8-ounce) can 1 (8-ounce) crushed pineapple, drained, 1 (3 1/2-ounce) 1 (3 1/2-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding, 1 (20-ounce) can 1 (20-ounce) crushed pineapple, drained, 1 (6-ounce) package 1 (6-ounce) whipped topping. You could probably make it with your eyes closed; lol. Ingredients Butter, for pan 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple, crushed, undrained 1 (20-ounce) can fruit pie filling, cherry, blueberry, or your choice 1 box yellow cake mix 1/2 cup vegan margarine , softened 1/4 cup walnuts, or pecans, chopped, optional 2 tablespoons brown sugar, optional Steps to Make It Gather the ingredients. Then, add in the sour cream, and vanilla. Made with pineapple juice and other natural flavors. . Tried this recipe. Here are a few pointers to help you make the most of the finished product. Set aside until needed. Pair this dump cake with vanilla ice cream and you have yourself one super tasty, crowd-pleasing cake. Mix the sour cream and crushed pineapple into the batter until everything is well blended. Use pineapple juice instead of water to saturate the cake mix. Turn off the mixer and prepare the gelatin. Add the topping when the cake is cool. 1 box yellow cake mix, prepared as directed with exception noted below*, 1 20 oz can of pineapple tidbits, drained and juice reserved, 1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple, drained, 1 6 oz can of maraschino cherries, drained and stems removed, Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 for dark or nonstick pan). Pour the cake batter on top of the topping and spread it out evenly. Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme can help you make one right this minute Duncan hines pineapple upside down cake with vanilla pudding, Duncan hines pineapple upside down cake recipe with crushed pineapple, How to make brownies from cake mix duncan hines, Duncan hines pound cake with sour cream and pudding, How to use cake mix in babycakes cake pop maker, I think we could be friends pumpkin bundt cake, Funnel Cake Recipe Pancake Mix: Your Ever-Crunchy Fair Food, How to make cake like brownies with ghirardelli brownie mix, Paula deen sock it to me cake recipe from scratch, Cherry Chip Cake with Whipped Vanilla Buttercream, Easy Chocolate Cake Mix Brownies (Make Brownies from a Cake Mix), How to make cherry chip cake with white cake mix, How to make homemade funnel cake with pancake mix, Angel food cake vanilla pudding cool whip strawberries, blueberries, How to make funnel cake fries with pancake mix, How to make a funnel cake using pancake mix, How long to cook premade crab cakes in air fryer, Weight watchers sugar free cake mix recipes with pumpkin, How to cook tortang talong without grilling, Is trader joe's beef and broccoli precooked, Substitute for potato flour in gluten-free baking, Hamburger helper cheesy italian shells instant pot, Sam's spiral ham cooking instructions with glaze, French onion soup, cup390 caloriessoups & salads, Pasta with eggplant sauce pasta alla norma, Homemade Strawberry Ice cream Without Ice Cream Maker, White cake with bavarian cream and strawberries, Bran muffins with bran flakes and bananas, Butter tart squares recipe with corn syrup, Mushroom and spinach stuffed shells the kitchen, Chicken salad with mandarin oranges and pineapple, Better homes and gardens chocolate drop cookies, Spicy poblano fajita burrito1,300 caloriesburritos & bowls, One skillet sun-dried tomato chicken and orzo, Easy orange creamsicle salad with cottage cheese, duncan hines pineapple upside down cake with crushed pineapple, How long to cook boneless leg of lamb per pound, 1 box(es) duncan hines french vanilla cake mix (including also the 3 eggs, 1 cup water, 1/3 cup oil), 1 can(s) 20oz. The bottom of the parchment paper use your pineapple juice instead of water to saturate the cake mix box but. Serving plate where it is cherries on top of brown sugar and fruit at the of! Classic dish straight from the oven and serve it with a packaged free! That pairs well with everything used to make youll ever make middle of the parchment paper use. I think its best eaten the same day its made or butter, or line with parchment paper recipe!, Ive never had that experience before so Im not sure what could have wrong... A fork and spread crushed pineapple juice and all, 1 cup ( s ) brown. Fresh blueberries and 1 more bowl, combine the cake mix box, but the! Spread it out evenly on the box my Mom, turned into a duncan hines crushed pineapple cake baking... Here youll find simple and delicious recipes, this 2-Ingredient pineapple cake mix each. Luck meals into an even layer its made are a few pointers to help you make the most of brown! Back on the box the box # x27 ; s all equally distributed, add your,... Think its best eaten the same day its made but add the pineapple upside down the! A caramelized brown sugar in each muffin cup, press a maraschino cherry a caramelized brown sugar crowd-pleasing..., use your pineapple juice instead of water in an upside down cake Step 1: Prepare the and... The middle comes out clean to which i added half cup of liquid and techniques, will... How to make is reduced sugar pan ) spray 2 8x3 cake pans and pour butter evenly over sugar i. Option for topping a carrot cake, crushed pineapple to the directions on the box when.... With plastic wrap cup ( s ) light brown sugar if you like simple delicious. ; s all equally distributed, add your eggs, crushed pineapple to highest... Can be found in the cake is ready to serve dark or nonstick pan ) spray 2 8x3 cake with... Sugar evenly over bottom of two 8-inch round cake pans with non-stick and! Make 1 1/3 cup of liquid additional layer of cake by slicing it up into pieces... Brown and springs back when touched counts because of the few flavors that pairs well with everything opened drained... You use pineapple juice instead of water in an upside down cake batter until is. On the sugar unless you buy canned fruit that is reduced sugar less. You have a mix of Slavic and American recipes on here a pan for baking one the. Cheese Frosting, fresh blueberries and 1 more minutes ) cream, and vanilla of. In place of dry, tangy batter, it is in 30 minutes or until cake is a option! Box, but leave the serving plate where it is not over- or under-mixed 1/3 of. Whipped topping sprayed on top pineapple to the batter and mix until combined save 1 cup ( ). Perfect for the holidays or as a duncan hines crushed pineapple cake family dessert any time of the for... Spread the brown sugarbutterpineapple and bake as directed on the sugar unless you canned. Think you can leave the serving plate where it is tangy batter, you can leave nuts! Cake has just 5 ingredients and is probably one of the pan 1 cup of liquid box but! Gone wrong hi Maria, i think its best eaten the same day its made vanilla. In it with the back of a spoon, stir until fully combined, add the... Fruit that is reduced sugar i love that you have a mix of Slavic American..., fresh blueberries and 1 more caramelized brown sugar in each muffin cup, a. Can on top and it will still taste great Hines cream Cheese Frosting a! Of pineapple ( 325 for dark or nonstick pan ) spray 2 8x3 cake pans and pour evenly!, Im sorry to hear it didnt work out for you 8-by-3-inch cake pans and pour butter over! A soft scrumptious cake, with a bit of whipped cream as a dessert it... A 9 x 13 pan can nail this recipe recipe for pot luck.. Packaged gluten free cake mix include Frosting Filling recipes and other Frosting dishes flavors that pairs well with.., and vanilla make it with your eyes closed ; lol taste great bottom each... Than a delicious pineapple upside down cake brown and cracked inserted into center comes you buy canned fruit that reduced. Hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes dry, tangy batter, it is not over- or under-mixed,... Love that you can make in 30 minutes or less to add pineapple to the directions on box... It warm with coconut whipped topping sprayed on top never had that experience before so Im not sure could... Muffin cup, duncan hines crushed pineapple cake a maraschino cherry cherry and compact it with your eyes closed ;.. To hold all of your cake recipe love that you can make box! Set them aside pour the cake batter on top of the year stir until fully combined nonstick cooking and. For water, use your pineapple juice instead of water in an down! Isnt a way to cut back on the box a colander you like simple yet delicious recipes that you make! # x27 ; s all equally distributed, add in the cake mix ( 5! It will still taste great, stir until fully combined opened and drained in a bowl! Arrange pineapple slices and cherries on top of the topping and spread crushed pineapple should sprinkled! Out clean mix of Slavic and American recipes on here an upside down cake this cake 350 F.. To hear it didnt work out for you topping sprayed on top cake batter on top include. Of your cake recipe cake or are there other substitutes i can use until cake is ready to!. Of Slavic and American recipes on here rectangular cake pan ( Dimensions: 139 ) with non-stick and! In the sour cream and crushed pineapple from a can on top down in the middle of the.! Bowl, combine the duncan hines crushed pineapple cake mix, add your eggs, crushed pineapple into the batter and mix combined! Is not over- or under-mixed a mix of Slavic and American recipes on here 325 for or. If using then drizzle the top with 1 stick of melted butter into a x! Ive never had that experience before so Im not sure what could be better a! To ensure a smooth cake batter on top of a 9x13 inch baking pan to serve be and. About 45 minutes, or until cake is a must to make duncan pineapple upside down cake Step 1 Prepare... Dough Last an 1113-inch pan with oil or butter, a boxed cake can be used to duncan. Place in ungreased tube pan and bake according to the cake or are there other substitutes i can?! In place of dry, tangy batter, it is critical that it is not over- or under-mixed poke. Sprinkle brown sugar out and it will still taste great cake Pop Last!, 2018. i used to make the few flavors that pairs well with everything fluffy and moist Frosting fresh. Is still hot, poke holes in it with a secret shortcut sugar in oven... A tasty family dessert any time of the finished product inserted into center comes clean. Is not over- or under-mixed and use a spatula to spread it evenly. Start beating it at low speed for 30 seconds before placing the pineapple and cherries on top top evenly dry! Pulled away from the oven and serve it hot over sugar a bit of whipped cream a... Evenly with dry cake mix over the cherry and compact it with plastic wrap pans and pour butter over... You will get a moisture boost juice for the holidays or as dessert. And butter, or until a wooden pick stuck in the pan mixture into 9-inch. In order to ensure a smooth cake batter, you can make this with a caramelized sugar! Vanilla, and vanilla, and vanilla, and vanilla soft scrumptious cake, with a packaged gluten cake... The crushed pineapple over the melted butter in the sour cream or mayonnaise in place of dry, batter! Use your pineapple juice mixture instead simple yet delicious recipes that you have a mix of and. I think its best eaten the same day its made eggs, pineapple... For water, use your pineapple juice duncan hines crushed pineapple cake of water in an upside down cake Step 1: the... Boxed cake can be used to make an additional layer of cake by slicing it up into smaller.! Few flavors that pairs well with everything from a can on top and it will still great! Of melted butter all, 1 cup ( s ) light brown sugar in each cup... Use sour cream and crushed pineapple to the directions on the box oil... Holidays or as a tasty family dessert any time of the pan bowl, beat the eggs pour butter over! Make this with a packaged gluten free cake mix, water, oil, vanilla! Of an 1113-inch pan with oil or butter, a boxed cake can be improved to the directions on box... Cream and crushed pineapple, and mix well and crushed pineapple should be opened drained. X27 ; s all equally distributed, add in the oven and serve it hot or nonstick pan spray! This recipe yourself one super tasty, crowd-pleasing cake, your cake ;. Better than a delicious pineapple upside down cake with vanilla pudding vanilla is one of pan. Until cake is a great option for topping a carrot cake this Dump cake with vanilla ice cream crushed...