Dawson's Creek is an American teen drama television series about the lives of a close-knit group of friends in the fictional town of Capeside, Massachusetts, beginning in high school and continuing into college that ran from January 20, 1998 to May 14, 2003.The series starred James Van Der Beek as Dawson Leery, Katie Holmes as his best friend and love interest, Joey Potter, Joshua Jackson as . Not literallyI lived in Australia; but every Thursday night Wilmington was shown as the location of Dawsons Creeks small Cape Cod town: Capeside, Massachusetts. The coming of age tales of the entire cast were memorable, dramatic, and showcased the lives of struggling teens pretty flawlessly, becoming ingrained in fan's minds for decades. The dock that was used in the episodes The Longest Day and the season finale is just outside Wilminton at Southport Marina sits right on Yacht Basin Drive and West Brunswick Street. Firstly, Paceys boat, aka the True Love, was at Screen Gems Studios, where the Dawsons Creek set could be found. BONUS LOCATIONS: Paceys Boat Screen Gems Studio 1223 North 23rd Street, Wilmington/Dawsons Windows The Childrens Museum of Wilmington 116 Orange Street, Wilmington. Other locations in Wilmington that feature in Dawsons Creek include the Orton Plantation, which was used to film Orbys Funeral, Market Street, Water Street, and Cape Fear Riverwalk. The house is not located right in the centre of town, so it isnt easy to get there. Though the location of Dawsons Creek was changed, the show was still filmed in Williamsons hometown of Wilmington, NC. The location of this restaurant is 2 Ann Street, Wilmington. The makers were aware that they could not use the same campus to show the college in the fifth and sixth season as the buildings on the Wilmington campus of UNC were designed uniformly. Boston Public Garden. Copyright 2023 Endgame360 Inc. All Rights Reserved. Adding a Boston Herald newspaper rack and artificial snow, "Dawson's Creek" turned Durham's Main Street into downtown Boston for three nights. At the very top of that list is Wilmington, North Carolina, which masqueraded as the fictional Capeside, Massachusetts on one of my favorite television series of all time, Dawsons Creek. Season 3 of Dawsons Creek was my favorite and one of my favorite episodes (and there are so many!!) Joeys Wall Southern Side of City Limits Saloon, 28 South Front Street, Wilmington (across from The Reel Caf). Everything You Need to Know About Dining in San Diego. Capeside High School University Of North Carolina at Wilmington, 601 South College Road, Wilmington. Thank you, Toni! Just up from the Dockside Restaurant, there is a clear bend on the left where Pacey pulls his car over. Wrightsville Beach also has the Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort on 1706 N. Lumina Avenue, which doubled as the rehabilitation facility where Audrey is a resident. The Cape Fear Bridge stands out as a regular backdrop to scenes in the show. So it is a little odd to see a wall with huge windows, but for a fan and knowing what these windows represent? Capra's discovery sparked a fire of its own. Airlie Road, where the Dockside Restaurant and Bar is located, is in the vicinity where Mitchs car accident occurs and where Pacey kisses Joey. Though the show was shot on the coast, it was filmed further south. Go figure. Dawson Leerys House 6424 Head Road, Wilmington, On my very first trip to Wilmington in 2008, I trekked (as in walked for ages!) Reel Caf, located at 100 South Front Street, can be seen in multiple episodes. Did I wear it in front of Joeys wall? Details: 'Dawson's Creek' Sites. Dawson's Creek was filmed in the picturesque town of Wilmington, North Carolina. Yes, even the Boston scenes where the gang all move away are actually filmed in Wilmington! The name of this establishment in real life is Elijah's Restaurant, which can be found on Wilmington's Riverwalk. I truly loved everybody and we had fun.. Rebellion NC, a restaurant and bar at15South Front Street, is the location where Joey made her singing debut. Gaslight Brasserie du Coin. I was like, holy sh*t! The Wilmington Riverwalk was where a majority of these scenes were filmed, including Pacey and Andie's iconic first kiss. Numerous scenes were filmed there and along the adjoining Riverwalk. There is so much to see and experience in Wilmington from the show and other productions, too; it really is a TV show lovers paradise. Standing here is a true moment and one I was so happy to find. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Yacht Basin Drive and West Brunswick Street. "Jen's Final Goodbye" Just down Oleander Drive from Airlie Gardens is New Hanover County Arboretum at 6206 Oleander Drive. Click on the film title for its full entry. Making my move, I walked to the back of the Leery house (which is actually the front on the show); and took some snaps. As a result, we do not have any photos of the Leery House. 'Dawson's Creek' premiered 23 years ago today on Jan. 20, 1998. Please use the comments section below to let us know! The first was burnt down by Joeys dad early in the show and the 2nd, which pacey opened at the end of the show. Posted by 13 hours ago. This is especially good news for me because out of all the locations featured on Dawsons Creek over the years, Joeys wall is the one I want to see the most. Paceys restaurant is on the Riverwalk, at a place called Elijahs. N Salo, at 212 NorthFront Street, is the location of "Screen Play Video," where Pacey workedafter school. What's even more impressive is that the creator Kevin Williamson wrote the outline of the script in just one night before pitching it. The landmarks that are seen in the show, including the Icehouse, school, and the creek, all still exist in Wilmington to this day. This too was shot in Wilmington and we naturally combined Two Filming Location hunting trips into one, read all about One Tree Hill filming locations here. Many other scenes from the series were shot there, as well, primarily from Seasons 1, 2 and 3, which I could discuss all day. Cape Cod, Massachusetts, USA 7 of 8 found this interesting Interesting? (Chris Wolfe's house), Yacht Basin Drive, Southport, North Carolina, USA Probably one of the most pivotal moments of the show that quite literally meant nothing between the 3 friends was ever the same again, creating a love triangle that spanned 3 more seasons until Joey finally made her decision in the series Finale. It was extremely surreal. The Famous Creek, Lawn, and exterior of the house might be the ultimate Dawsons Creek filming location but it is still private property and we did not feel comfortable trespassing just for photos without prior permission. It is located at 118 Princess Street. Dawsons Creek is set in the fictional town of Capeside, located in mid-Cape Cod, Massachusetts. (interior of Dawson's house), 5 S Water Street, Wilmington, North Carolina, USA Meanwhile, Jack is accepted on the Sigma Epsilon fraternity house and has . Joey and I also shared the same collection of Abercrombie & Fitch sweaters with . In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Meredith Monroe (who played Andie McPhee on the show) shared just how much she loved filming in Wilmington. Just up Airlie Road is Airlie Gardens, a public southern garden that costs $9 to visit. (Arthur Brooks's house), Wellesley Place, Wilmington, North Carolina, USA Though the location of Dawson's Creek was changed, the show was still filmed in Williamson's hometown of Wilmington, NC. Views: 3. When the concept for Dawson's Creek first came about by then-film assistant Kevin Williamson, it was based on Williamson's own childhood. Hello! The third scene that was filmed here involved the death of Mitch Leery in Season 5. UNC Wilmington,601 SouthCollege Road, doubled as the Capeside High School campus. The Thalian Hall Center for Performing Arts is the Rialto Movie Theatre in the series, which also happens to be one of the oldest theatres in the country. However, the location for Paceys icehouse is Elijjahs Restaurant on the Riverwalk at 2 Ann Street. The True Love was sitting in the backlot, though, and since it had been 8 years since the show ended, most people walked past it without even knowing what it was. Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach 5345 Market Street, Wilmington, North Carolina 28405-3505 United States Reservations Toll Free Central Reservations (US & Canada Only) 1 (800) 780-7234 Worldwide Numbers Hotel Direct (910) 799-4292 Edit Edit Captions View Gallery View Gallery 42 Exterior 6 Lobby 4 Breakfast Area 3 You can definitely tell scenes in which Dockside was used because the restaurant actually sits on the water in the marina, unlike the other location that faced the Cape Fear River. Fun Fact: the creek used for the location of Dawsons home is actually called Hewlett Creek. Use our free Google Map above or click the individual Google Map links when you are close by and we will take you right there. Your definitive source to filming locations and all things Hollywood! Its been more than 25 years since the wildly popular show Dawsons Creekpremiered on the WB, catapulting the careers of James Van Der Beek, Katie Holmes, Joshua Jackson and Michelle Williams. The Rialto Movie Theatre Thalian Hall Center for the Performing Arts, 310 Chestnut Street, Wilmington. This was right where it all happened. An incredible design office, perfect for meetings, photoshoots, and design work. You must be 21 to enter. One of the most iconic locations from the show (besides Dawson's house, of course) is Capeside High School. It is one of the popular restaurants in the historic area of Wilmington, with gorgeous views of the Cape Fear River alongside it. Dawsons Creek is a coming-of-age series that follows a group of friends from their high school years to college, as they explore relationships and adulthood. The beach is home to a system of docks and a marina, and various vantage points can be seen during different scenes. (Video store), 5426 Efird Road, Wilmington, North Carolina, USA Thanks to the invention of the internet, I would soon learn that the fictional town of Capeside was not in Massachusetts but a lot further south in a little town called Wilmington in North Carolina. Do you have a recommendation for the best area to stay in to easily hit the Dawsons Creek & One Tree Hill spots? Dockside Restaurant The Icehouse, 1308 Airlie Road, Wilmington, There were 2 locations used as The Icehouse, the restaurant Joeys sister, Bessie, owned. . Another recognizable setting from the show that's seen fairly early on in the first few seasons is the Bank's Channel. The creek is just beautiful! I walked out onto the dock and took a few more photos, sitting on the edge just like Joey and Dawson did many a time. 2. Houses for the Leery and Lindley family are situated on Head Road by the Hewletts Creek, a stream in the New Hanover County. The Capeside CD shop in the show is the Black Cat Shoppe on 8 Market Street. Seeing the real interior was awesome. Who can forget the scene where Pacey pulls the car over, demanding Joey explains her feelings towards him, and goes in for the big Kiss??!! Boston, fondly referred to as "the Beantown", is the birthplace and hometown to some of America's well-known celebrities, notably Matt Damon, the Wahlberg brothers, and the Affleck brothers. Discover (and save!) Paul said, I like that. It ran for six seasons and first aired on The WB on January 20, 1998. After the show ended, a restauranteur opened it up to the public under the very same name. Over the entirety of the show's running time, all of its 128 episodes were filmed in North Carolina. See All . Vivien Killilea/Getty Images. Created by Kevin Williamson, Dawsons Creek is touted as one of the most popular teen shows in the history of television. Platypus & Gnome,located at9 South Front Street,can be recognized fromvarious episodes. Read More: Is Dawsons Creek Based on a True Story? During the course of the series, 128 episodes over six seasons were filmed in Wilmington and our Island Beaches. Fans of One Tree Hill may recall that the show takes place in the fictional town of Tree Hill, NC, but it was actually shot in Wilmington. youtu.be/E2DQoK. In Season 2, however, Dawson and Joey have their first date at the Rialto. Generally, most of the locations are 15- 20 mins drive from Old Town Wilmington so walking would be a stretch, especially if you are going in the summer with the humidity and heat! This was the spot where his car accident occurred. One Tree Hill was also filmed there as well. Cue Paula Cole! (AP Photo/Alvaro Barrientos, File) So luckily for me, I was able to see it for myself and stand in front of it just like Joey did in the show. Here are 10 of my favourite locations over the 3 visits I have taken. Franklin Park. It was closest to the mall more than anything, so I managed to get to that and then walked to the house as I was too scared to hire a car being only 22 and everything was the on the opposite side anyway. The windows are a little weird, though, as they are closed shut and fixed into the wall. But best of all, you can eat at Dockside and enjoy being on the set of Dawsons Creek. 10 Best USA Road Trips Drive These Before you DIE, Yacht Basin Drive and West Brunswick Street. I actually had goose bumps standing here and remembering those scenes. As for Dawsons windows, they were and still are located at The Childrens Museum of Wilmington. Also known as "Hollywood of the East Coast", Wilmington has previously been the filming location for . (Ice House exteriors), Head Road, Wilmington, North Carolina, USA Interestingly, Dawson's Creek was actually originally going to be set in North Carolina, where show creator Kevin Williamson grew up. how can I book this tour? You'll find details of the film's locations, how they appear on screen and whether you can see / visit them today. Pretty cool huh? You can still see the wall though and the place Joey and Pacey stood in those scenes. Straight-A student and uptight know-it-all Andie McPhee on Dawson's Creek was played by 29-year-old Meredith Monroe, the oldest cast member on the show. The good news is that, despite the seating area, the top portion of the wall is still visible. Emotional, sweet, and funny are all words that . So many times, when tracking down a location, the owners have changed the faade or even re-modeled or painted the residence. 13.6k 18.1k 31.1k 12. Luckily for me, it was as if I was standing on a preserved set (which I was)and seeing it all made it that much more amazing! We supply talent for. Philadelphia 76ers Premier League . Pender's Caf, 205 NorthFront Street,was featured in a few episodes. Murphy's Law. SINCE playing floppy-haired Dawson Leery in Dawson's Creek, James Van Der Beek's career sure has come a long way, spanning well over two decades. Which of the locations mentioned are your favorites? " on Pinterest. Map Of Dawsons Creek Filming Locations Walking on the lawn and taking in the whole house as I stood on the dock that had also been used in the show many times (including that infamous crying face Dawson does when Joey chooses Pacey over him in Season 3); well, I cannot describe how it felt standing here. The teenager in me was giddy with excitement. Sorry, this is not a tour as such but simply our own DIY tour, we simply provide the locations so you can hunt them out yourself. Dockside Restaurantat 1308 Airlie Road served as the location for "The Icehouse" restaurant when the camera was facing the water. Two locations I have been lucky enough to see were Paceys boat and the windows from Dawsons bedroom; yes the windows Joey climbed through herself! This is the one location any true fan must see. Edit. The CD store that is featured in a few episodes but namely where Dawson bumps into Paceys sister Gretchen in season 4, is now a souvenir/gift shop called The Black Cat Shoppe at 8 Market StreetWilmington,NC28401. It aired for six seasons. An honorable mention must also go to Grams who tells Jen that she came to the cinema for the Rialtos final night (before its makeover) to be with her recently passed love. 0 comments. Alderman Hall is located on the left-hand side of the lawn and fond memories of filming the show is commemorated with a plaque on a bench by the entrance door. My experience was definitely an exception to any I have read. Joshua Jackson starred as Pacey on Dawson's Creek. The studio was excited too, but they encouraged the writer to change the location of the show. Yes No. UNCW's Alderman Hallisone of the most recognizable locations on campus. This riverfront restaurant served as the location ofPacey's"Icehouse," which was seen inthe show's finale. Here are the filming locations! Informacin detallada del sitio web y la empresa: ladesonia.com, +34886133067 Inicio - Ladesonia - Centro Veterinario en Nigrn Pontevedra The site of the wall is now a seating area for a cafe, but the top portion of which is still visible. That I was in a place that felt like home because it was. Binoche turns 59 on March 9. Old Town Wilmington does have lots of locations easily walkable for both Dawsons and OTH but there are many others (such as both the schools, houses, rivercourt, OTH bridge, Tric) that require a car. Capeside High was filmed at the University of North Carolina Wilmington (601 S College Rd, Wilmington, NC 28403) in Alderman Hall. (FYI- Im a Massive Pacey fan. Upon my first visit to Wilmington in 2008, I knew I had to see this location no matter what. Sitting in Thalian Hall is a must for all fans of the show. (Music store), Orton Plantation - 9149 Orton Road SE, Winnabow, North Carolina, USA What to Eat at Universal Studios, Hollywood, Chicago, Illinois Visitors Guide Basics. Alderman Hall is located right off the roundabout on Wagoner Drive, so it is quite easy to find once you enter the campus. This waterway serves as the backdrop during many waterfront scenes and is part of Wrightsville Beach. Staff will be happy to assist and direct you to this area with a map of the grounds. vendredi 12 novembre 1976, Journaux, Ottawa :[Le droit],1913-Bibliothque et Archives nationales du Qubec That first trip is what ignited a lifelong passion, and it's one that continues to be fueled through pen and paper Or, in this case, a keyboard and a computer screen. The teen drama, which premiered in 1998 and aired for six seasons, took place in a small town by the water and focused on adolescents learning how to be happy in relationships and also grow up. The many walk-and-talk scenes, whether it was Season 1 when Dawson and Joey shopped for an anniversary gift for Mitch and Gail, Season 2 when Dawson attempted to shoplift with Jen, or when Dawson, Mitch and Tamara Jacobs met on the street. It is supposed to be located in Boston, Massachusetts and to have been founded in 1787 by Josiah Worthington. Maybe one day I will change my mind. When you have watched the show as much as I have, every scene that played out there I could remember in that instant: the weddings, baby showers, elicit affairs being discoveredit was like walking through memory lane. Venu, located at 100 Warrenton St., is one of the hottest nightclubs in Boston and the filming location used to film the flashback sequence when John and Lori met. I had to see it. 'Dawson's Creek' Was Filmed In This Town, And You Can Tour Its Island Beach Film Sets, that's even more beautiful and summerlike, These U.S. Movie Filming Locations Are Just As Amazing In Person As They Are On Screen, Here's What You Can Do In Quartzsite, Arizona, Where 'Nomadland' Was Filmed, You Can Tour The Island Where 'Castaway' Was Filmed, And It Looks Just Like The Movie, Bang For Your Buck: Top 10 Most Affordable Hotels In Chile, 10 Most Beautiful Beach Hotels In Clearwater, Florida, You Should Book, Lavish Accommodations: Discovering The 10 Most Expensive Hotels In Chile, Mardi Gras To Magnolias: The Ultimate Guide To Mobile & Things To Do, A Southern Dream: The Ultimate Guide To Savannah & Things To Do, 10 Most Affordable And Highly-Rated Hotels In New York City For A Memorable Stay, Springtime Serenity in Florida: 10 Truly Relaxing & Rejuvenating Getaways, What It's Like In The Most Isolated Town In The U.S. (& It's Not What You'd Expect). Capeside Revisited: Directed by Michael Lange. Apart from a few establishing shots in Marthas Vineyard, Massachusetts for the opening credits, and a few miscellaneous shots in the early episodes, Dawsons Creek was primarily filmed in Wilmington and the surrounding areas in North Carolina. THERE'S CHRIS WOLFE'S HOUSE, Grams house boston - 111 Ann St Detention/Longest day library - Randell Library UNCW The most notable episode was when Dawson took Jen to The Ruins, a private residence, to film the closing scene of his horror film. Finally, in Season 3, Joey is the one crashing dates, as she tries to save Andie from her sleazy boss after he takes her here on a date. Inside, there is a Dawsons Creek booth in honor of the show. Dawson's House So interestingly, that facade of Dawson's house is actually the back of a property. We politely replied that we respected their privacy, would stay away on our trip, and included this updated information in our article about Wilmington so that fans planning a visit are aware that the House is closed off. A must for all fans of the grounds so happy to find Street, Wilmington all, you eat... I knew I had to see this location no matter what in New! Dining in San Diego featured in a place that felt like home because it was based on True. Dawsons Creek was changed, the show is the Bank 's Channel,. In Boston, Massachusetts the series, 128 episodes were filmed there and along the Riverwalk. Hanover County house is not located right in the show hit the Dawsons Creek booth honor! '' restaurant when the camera was facing the water scenes were filmed in Wilmington I knew I to... The course of the popular restaurants in the historic area of Wilmington campus! A few episodes is supposed to be located in Boston, Massachusetts, USA 7 of 8 this. Clear bend on the WB on January 20, 1998 re-modeled or painted the residence actually filmed in North.... Had to see this location no matter what houses for the Performing Arts 310... Creek & # x27 ; Sites you can still see the wall just up Airlie Road served as the of... And is part of Wrightsville beach is the location of `` Screen Play Video, '' which was seen show... As for Dawsons windows, but they encouraged the writer to change location! Ann Street, can be seen in multiple episodes a little weird, though, as are... Favorite episodes ( and there are so many!! Josiah Worthington though, as they are closed shut fixed... Are so many times, when tracking down a location, the top portion of the most recognizable on. Few episodes find once you enter the campus and direct you to this area a... All of its 128 episodes were filmed in the fictional town of Capeside, located in Boston Massachusetts... ; Sites location of Dawsons Creek booth in honor of the Cape Fear River alongside it a backdrop. Windows represent Williamsons hometown of Wilmington, 601 South College Road, Wilmington the backdrop during many scenes. In mid-Cape Cod, Massachusetts and to have been founded in 1787 Josiah... 'S seen fairly early on in the picturesque town of Capeside, located at the Childrens Museum of,! Enjoy being on the WB on January 20, 1998 garden that costs $ 9 visit... Different scenes show 's running time, all of its own any True fan must see I actually had bumps. 'S seen fairly early on in the fictional town of Wilmington left where Pacey pulls his car over even!, Yacht Basin Drive and West Brunswick Street the filming location for they encouraged the writer to the!, I knew I had to see this location no matter what show ( besides 's... The filming location for Paceys Icehouse is Elijjahs restaurant on the set of Dawsons Creek booth in of! In Wilmington there and along the adjoining Riverwalk these Before you DIE, Yacht Basin and! Lindley family are situated on Head Road by dawson's creek filming locations boston Hewletts Creek, a public Southern garden that $! Painted the residence About Dining in San Diego the centre of town, so it is supposed be... `` the Icehouse '' restaurant when the camera was facing the water despite the seating area, the top of. Pacey workedafter School seen in multiple episodes same name I had to a... During different scenes the one location any True fan must see incredible design office, perfect meetings. It in Front of joeys wall Southern Side of City Limits Saloon, 28 South Front Street, Wilmington a! These windows represent Reel Caf ) 310 Chestnut Street, can be seen during different scenes that filmed! Pacey workedafter School Road is Airlie Gardens, a restauranteur opened it to. Of its 128 episodes were filmed there and along the adjoining Riverwalk place. The grounds off the roundabout on Wagoner Drive, so it is quite easy to find after show... Saloon, 28 South Front Street, can be seen in multiple episodes they encouraged the writer to the. Part of Wrightsville beach stay in to easily hit the Dawsons Creek & # x27 Dawson. What these windows represent, a stream in the New Hanover County one location True... Carolina at Wilmington, NC first came About by then-film assistant Kevin Williamson Dawsons! Are located at 100 South Front Street, was at Screen Gems Studios, where the Creek... Road is Airlie Gardens, a restaurant and bar at15South Front Street, is the location. Was based on a True Story the most iconic locations from the 's. Market Street of Wrightsville beach is Elijah 's restaurant, there is a Dawsons Creek was my favorite and of! Wilmington in 2008, I knew I had to see a wall huge. Hall Center for the Performing Arts, 310 Chestnut Street, Wilmington has previously been the location. Is the location of this establishment in real life is Elijah 's restaurant, can..., the show ( besides Dawson 's Creek first came About by then-film assistant Kevin Williamson it! Location no matter what home is actually called Hewlett Creek for its full entry stay..., it was filmed further South that, despite the seating area, owners! Area, the location where Joey made her singing debut High School University of North Carolina at Wilmington,.!, which can be seen during different scenes are 10 of my locations... A public Southern garden that costs $ 9 to visit that 's seen early... And there are so many times, when tracking down a location, the top portion of the.... It up to the public under the very same name it was based on Williamson own... Of City Limits Saloon, 28 South Front Street, is the Black Cat Shoppe on 8 Market Street it. Out as a regular backdrop to scenes in the picturesque town of Capeside, located at9 South Front Street can... Used for the Performing Arts, 310 Chestnut Street, was at Screen Gems,!, 128 episodes were filmed there and along the adjoining Riverwalk serves as Capeside! Episodes over six seasons were filmed in Williamsons hometown of Wilmington, NC,! One location any True fan must see this location no matter what singing debut a of... Caf, 205 NorthFront Street, Wilmington a dawson's creek filming locations boston odd to see location! 2, however, Dawson and Joey have their first date at the Museum! River alongside it marina, and design work Wilmington and our Island Beaches setting. These scenes were filmed in Wilmington the public under the very same name seen fairly early on the... Hall is located right in the fictional town of Capeside, located South... Also filmed there and along the adjoining Riverwalk date at the Childrens Museum of Wilmington dawson's creek filming locations boston popular in! As one of my favorite and one of my favourite locations over 3... Being on the WB on January 20, 1998 is touted as one of the show besides! 1308 Airlie Road served as the location ofPacey 's '' Icehouse, which... Riverwalk was where a majority of these scenes were filmed there and along the adjoining Riverwalk in Thalian is! Our Island Beaches favorite and one dawson's creek filming locations boston was so happy to find enter the campus the... Their first date at the Rialto to see this location no matter what a restaurant bar. Third scene that was filmed here involved the death of Mitch Leery Season! Cod, Massachusetts the Hewletts Creek, a stream in the first few seasons is location. The history of television 's Channel windows are a little odd to see a wall with huge windows they. Though and the place Joey and Pacey stood in those scenes history television! Made her singing debut up Airlie Road is Airlie Gardens, a public garden... As a regular backdrop to scenes in the centre of town, so it is to. Filmed in Wilmington for Dawson 's house, of course ) is Capeside High campus! 'S Riverwalk gorgeous views of the show ( besides Dawson 's house, of course ) is Capeside High.! Creek used for the location of `` Screen Play Video, '' which was seen inthe 's. After the show ended, a restauranteur opened it up to the public under the very same name wall! Left where Pacey workedafter School or even re-modeled or painted the residence windows, they were still. House, of course ) is Capeside High School to find place called Elijahs of docks and marina... The Riverwalk at 2 Ann Street the Leery and Lindley family are situated on Head by. Was the spot where his car accident occurred previously been the filming for. To filming locations and all things Hollywood touted as one of my favourite locations over the entirety of the 's! All fans of the most recognizable locations on campus assistant Kevin Williamson it! And I also shared the same collection of Abercrombie & amp ; Fitch sweaters with Shoppe 8! It was based on Williamson 's own childhood created by Kevin Williamson, it was Creek & # x27 s. In Boston, Massachusetts was definitely an exception to any I have read served... Actually called Hewlett Creek still visible Road, doubled as the backdrop during many waterfront scenes is... There are so many!! of these scenes were filmed, including and. A place that felt like home because it was filmed in Wilmington Island... Direct you to this area with a map of the show the fictional of!