Serial numbers were first placed on these reels in 1956, I am not positive yet I believe your reel was made in the late 60's. brushfly Since mass production of a ball bearing model started in 1966, it made good marketing sense to engrave all future models that used ball bearings with the letter "C.". If your reel has #1, 3, 5, 7, 10..it should fall between 1959~1961. 2015 is a transitional year so the "7" hook font can be found on some of his items. In all my years of collecting I've yet to come across this version, however, I have seen this model with all the features I mentioned but it had beveled rim. Again, look closely and you willsee the friction washer as shown in the 1969 parts schematic for this model. This is just one example of the differences found between these two markets. The spool arbor will be black but otherwise, it shares the same features as the older model above. Reading the numbers from left to rightThe first two numbers of "08" are for the month of (August)..The third digit will always be a "0" indicating the number "6" for the 1960s decade. If the arbor is dull gray, the date can be narrowed to 1958-59. Transitional reel's of notoriety are the non-ABU 5000 with neither ABU or Record engraved on the left side plate, the 4-screw version of 5000C De Luxe and the ABU engraved 6000 below. The love for their Rich History and Fine Engineering Design got me into this collection. Sometime in 1953, the "MOD SG" mark was removed from the lower left side plate which leads us to the American version. All ABU frames purchased through these outlets came blank without numbers. . Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Vintage ABU Garcia Ambassadeur 5000 De Luxe low serial number at the best online prices at eBay! Acetone evaporates quickly and removes all fingerprints to give your reel the mirror finish it had when it left the assembly line. Search within model. By tightening the knob to a desired tension, you could apply drag washer pressure against the drive gear assembly which is similar to the conventional star drag wheel. This has been one of the great mysteries surrounding this model ever since its introduction in 1962. This is an engineering marvel of its time, with many patented feature. ()PDFs, DOCs, JPEGs, PNGs. The 5600CDL is one of the harder presentation models to find. striper79 Last updated on Feb . Each individual item would have to carry its own identifying mark so as not to count it twice. URFABRIKEN SVANGSTA. 1 SG Sfariska Glidlager. New Member. One will often hear the terms 3-screw and 4-screw in reference to the Ambassadeur reels. My web page is dedicated to classic-era Ambassadeur only. 4000, 6000 (C) 8000 and 9000 can be found with the earliest date code arrangement. Lot #770800. According to ABU log books, #189010 is the highest serial number entered before lot numbers took over sometime in late 1971. W hilst not technically badged as an original Ambassadeur, I will always see the Morrum family. Smallest (earliest) Serial Number on Ambassadeur 5000 model: As I have previously stated in my book, I have been chasing the smallest (earliest) serial number for (RECORD) Ambassadeur 5000 model. What is meant is very simple. Another aspect of reels made for the European market are the subtle differences onecan findversusmodels made for America. The 5000C had its own set of serial numbers which started at 10001. The ad describes the features of the reel such as the centrifugal braking system, "Urfabriken's world-famous proven brake," Lure weight control (the spool tension knob), level wind, drag and line capacity. Amabassadeur 1500C2500C Ambassadeur 1989(Ambassadeurs 1985Abu Ambassadeur, , Ambassadeur 5600C 6500 (), 1 , 2500C21500C2500C1500C197931500C2500C19821985, Ambassadeur 2500CS Rocket (A-A25-CSR-0-005-N-R), Ambassadeur 2500CS Rocket (A-A25-CSR-0-010-N-R), Ambassadeur 1500C IAR (A-A15-IAR-M-020-N-C), Ambassadeur 2500C IAR (A-A25-IAR-M-040-N-C), Ambassadeur 2500C IAR (A-A25-IAR-M-045-N-C), Ambassadeur 2500C IAR (A-A25-IAR-M-050-N-R), Ambassadeur 2500C IAR (A-A25-IAR-M-055-N-R), Ambassadeur 2500C IAR (A-A25-IAR-M-065-N-C), Ambassadeur 2600C IAR (A-A26-IAR-M-005-N-C), Ambassadeur 2601C IAR (A-A26-IAR-M-010-N-C), Ambassadeur 2601C IAR (A-A26-IAR-M-015-N-C), Ambassadeur 2500CDL Napp & Nytt 1948-2008 (A-A25-CDL-P-050-N-R), Ambassadeur 2600C Elite (A-A26-ELT-P-001-N-R), Ambassadeur 2600C Elite (A-A26-ELT-P-002-N-R), Teal Ambassaduer 2500CDL (A-A25-CDL-S-048-N-C), Teal Ambassadeur 2500CDL (A-A25-CDL-S-049-N-C), Teal Ambassadeur 2500CDL (A-A25-CDL-S-050-N-C), Record Ambassadeur MOD SG (A-RAM-MSG-0-050-N-R), Record Ambassadeur MOD SG (A-RAM-MSG-0-100-U-R), Record Ambassadeur MOD SG (A-RAM-MSG-0-125-U-R), Record Ambassadeur MOD SG (A-RAM-MSG-0-150-U-R), Record Ambassadeur MOD SG (A-RAM-MSG-0-200-U-R), Record Ambassadeur MOD SG (A-RAM-MSG-0-250-M-R). Reproduction handles are easily overlooked unless you know what to look for. Rubber O-rings found on the left bearing housing should not be cleaned with Acetone either. THIS IS AN ABU GARCIA AMBASSADEUR No. Models listed above with exception to ball bearing models, used bronze bushings. The price had dropped to $40, still ruinous to a young wallet but within reach of scrimping and saving. 5001C was produced into the 1980s. Started Monday at 05:44 PM, By $165.00 Ambassadeur reels came in various marked cases through the years but the very first case offered had no markings at all. Abu Garcia Ambassadeur C3 Round 6500 Reel - Left Hand. The reel is red and in a nice leather case with a small tube of oil and also a small tube of spare parts. All contents provided in this website are for educational and informational purposes only. They are unique to a particular time period which I will not elaborate on further for fear of educating those who wish to deceive. This is a very rare 5000C De Luxe 4-screw model. Normally a parts design change would have prompted the version number to change but this didn't happen until January of 1973. Used in 1976 for certain models. Soon after the beginning of 1958, "ABU" is now engraved above "Ambassadeur" on all 5000 models. Additionally, Instant Anti Reverse (IAR) bearing made by German manufacturer INA was also introduced for the first time on these Small Ambassadeurs. These problems were soon overcame within the next year or so after Mamiya-OP returned many of these out-of-standard reels and have them replaced. by FSREPAIR Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:26 pm, Post Questions & Answers Page A. Hotspots. Red Abu Ambassadeur No. One likely reason is that ABU wanted to maintain the harmony of their first gold presentation model. S/N 96601 (above) has it and I have recorded several other 5000s up to S/N 107927 with this spool. 6000 has grooved rim side plates with newer style take down knobs which is more common to beveled rims. Both grooved, and arbors without a groove have been seen. Some of the design changes are, but not limited to, handles, handle nuts, side plates, take down knobs, star drag wheels, spool tension caps and others. Correct star drag will have straight cut ends only, as this one is tear drop shaped. Dating Early Abu's 5 figure numbers XXXXX given to the Record Ambassedeurs. The original gear ratio was 3.6:1. Olympic was a tackle manufacturer and Japan agent for many reputable brands like Fin-Nor, Heddon and Luhr-Jensen from 1989 to 1993. Dip the Q-tip and then squeeze the excess Acetone from it to keep it from running onto the sticker. This is the modelmost people generally refer to as ". The reel foot has dimples around it's lot number. I shifted from the Japan Domestic Model (JDM) Tackle of the late 1990s to the Classic Abu Ambassaduers; which is the main focus of my humble collection today. Ambassadeur 5600C and 6500 (Brown) Reels were introduced. ABU's first high speed model was the Ambassadeur 5500C introduced in 1973 with a gear ratio of 4.7:1. Lowestserial number known at present for 5000CDL - #10145. Virtually all bait casting reels today use similar technology. S/N 63485. 1959? The first, The Ambassadeur and I and The Ambassadeur and I, Final Chapter are must have books if you really want to understand these reels. The earliest handle nut version for this model would have a round top and "oil" stamped once on it. Now that ithas surfaced, where are the other 221 items? The confusion seems to be if you have a 5001C with mushroom style takedown screws, it must be the first version. It may sound overwhelming to figure all this out, but it can be determined with a little initiative. After our conversation, he sent the reel to me for inspection and cleaning. I seek your understanding on this. The combination of parts I list by number should be assembled to the reel. This is not necessarily the case with all ABU original or reproduction plates. ABU Ambassadeur 5000D Green/Teal Side Plates 750401 $125.00 ABU Ambassadeur 5000 TOUGH 1981 Version with Flat Sides UNUSED IN BOX $275.00 ABU Ambassadeur 5001C Left Hand Twisted Knob RARE Model 721200 in Case $165.00 ABU Garcia Ambassadeur 6000C Excellent! Trying to figure out if I should fish it or pass it along to a collector. Search Clear. 1962: The popular High-End Gold-Plated Ambassadeur De Luxe was introduced for the first time. ABU GARCIA AMBASSADEUR 5000D BAITCASTING FISHING REEL~3.6:1~GREEN~3 SCREW~SWEDEN. It will not leave a stain. Simon searched through his spread sheet of serial numbers for 5000C De Luxe and 5000 De Luxe models. 1941: ABU presented her first series of Casting Reels to the Swedish Wholesalers, the RECORD 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700 and 1800. The frame and its version number must be understood for without the correct frame, all you have is a handful of parts. The fact that many of their parts are interchangeable makes it even more important you understand when and what reel these parts were assembled to. Abu Ambassadeur No. Vintage Abu Garcia AMBASSADEUR 5000D Baitcasting Casting Unrestored $74.99 Free shipping Vintage Abu ambassadeur 5000 with power handle $65.00 $12.00 shipping or Best Offer ABU Garcia Ambassadeur 5000C bait casting reel sn 91-0 91-92 $29.00 $10.95 shipping Vintage Abu Garcia AMBASSADEUR 5000C Casting Reel w/ Black Finish Serial# 730902 The frame used here is for a common 6000C with an early lot number of 080800 which was made in August 1968. In the 1960s and 70s, Galveston, Texas was where my family spent its free time. Virtually all known have beveled rims and either mushroom or screwdriver style takedown screws. Abu Garcia will have no other obligation and will not be liable for incidental or consequential damages. Reel Schematics; Trolling Motor Schematics; Downrigger Schematics; . The handle nut version on this 5000B suggests the same era. The composition make-up of these plastic parts will not break down in Acetone. The typical ABU 6000was fitted with a 50mm star drag. The 1750, 1750A, 2600 and 2650 were the free spool models of seven total for this series of reels. Any other number combinations not listed above should give you pause, as the reel may or may not be in original condition. Another example might be 120501. If you have a 4-screw 5000C De Luxe please contact me so I can continue my research on them. This can be noted by opening the cover page of a Garcia Fishing Annual. Frames can not be swapped without you knowing it due to its version number. Adjustment of the knurled aluminum knob sets the desired tension of drag washer pressure. Serial numbers are being mixedasboth models are being made at this point. It was also at this time that the Ambassadeur 2500Cs production was halted to make room for the Ambassadeur 1500C production. One exception to this rule would be that 5000 De Luxe and 5000C De Luxe did not reflect this change right away. Note the poor attempt at gold plating a common 5500C frame with lot number 760903. #500275 was shipped from the factory on July 05, 1965. MyTackleBox.AbuAmbassadeur is a personal website created for the benefit of the community. Part Number: 13306. This is a right hand reel. Hisknowledgealso extendsto manyother makers of plastic lures manufactured fromthe 1930's~1980's. So then, both the Record Ambassadeur 5000 and 6000 (wide spool version) released just a year or so later, had . This however was short-lived. It has been noted by collectors as being more scarce than the coveted 5000 De Luxe which was introduced as the first presentation model in 1962. Design changes for other parts such as spool caps, handles, handle nuts, etc. Not shown clearly, the1st. In fact, the 1957 trade catalog is Garcia's official introduction to the public for the Ambassadeur 5000, 5000A and 6000 model. Home / Reel Schematics / Abu Garcia Reel Schematics / Abu Garcia Round Baitcast Schematics / Abu Garcia 5000 Schematics. Ending 10 Jul at 20:28 AEST 5d 8h. The box bottom has the matching serial number to the reel. The website owner will not be liable for any error or omission in this information nor for the availability of this information. Actually when first produced, it didn't have a clicker but was sold with a counter balanced handle and large capacity spool. Abu Garcia 5000 Schematics. Thanks, Richard, The 1970s and later models are much easier to date than the earlier ones. FOR SALE! The Record Ambassadeur 5000, 5000A, and 6000 models were also added to the series of Ambassadeur lineups. This reel was made in September 1972 with lot number 097200. The 2500 was a direct drive model along with the 2000 and 2050. This reel has beveled rim side plates and mesh top spool caps. 0 Go to top The design of Small Ambassadeur was enduring. This is also the year where Ambassadeur 6000C reels were introduced. This is getting close to the 5digit mark of 10000 where this model will soon be discontinued. This is a complete package with unmarked Record case with chrome buckle. mid to late 1950's, Chrome latch, "Ambassadeur" in script, no crest, Record, non-ABU and early ABU, ca. 2. From about mid 1964 on, lot numbers that dated the reel were applied for the first time. The need to serialize was so ABU could keep better track of production. I've tried to find it on the internet but it is very confusing. Serial 592068. Note the tear drop or hook on the leading edge of his"7." ABU Garcia became a distributor responsible for the exclusive sales and marketing thrust in United States. 1971: ABU changed its Serial Numbering System to Production Lot Numbering System. This example sold online for a large sum so be careful when considering highly sought after models. At the same year, ABU also produced the Exclusive 5500CDL model for the Bass Anglers Sportsman Society, also known as B.A.S.S. Frames are easily cleaned with Acetone and Q-tips just like all other parts. Designation for Thumbar is also in the second digit such as 6600C. Accessories include high capacity extra spool, tube with gold parts, cloth bag with gold draw strings, oil bottle, wrench, sterling silver name plate, and paperwork. 5000 De Luxe with a very low 5 digit number of 10061. I have gained a lot over the years, from the knowledge to the wonderful friendsI have made in the course of my collection; this is invaluable to me. Marketed in Europe in 1952-53, it was not sold in the United States. An example might be 080400. 4600C, 5600C and 6600C were ABU's only Thumbar models produced during the classic years which ended in 1979. Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 6000C Reel Black Vintage Sweden Footprint Serial #721100. It was one of the last models that retained the beauty of ABU's classic era. The reproduction also has a different texture on the paddle. The stand-up card display box below was used in the 1960's. Reel models that have stickers showing their model numbers such as the 1500C, 4500, 4500C etc..can be damaged by Acetone. Please use Acetone in a well ventilated area. very early ABU and non-ABU 5000, ca. 1975: Described as the Superb Addition to the Family, Ambassadeur 2500C was the first Small Ambassadeur to be introduced into the Ambassadeur Family. Simply follow my directions above for metal parts and stickers, but DO NOT use Acetone on these side plates. Note the early March date of this reel which is well within the year limit. 1. How you read a lot number changed in 1970 with the second and third type date code. thanks Male knurlingdoes not have the "XXX" pattern. In February 1976, version number "01" was added and remained this way throughout its production life ending in early 1977. There is no mention of this color arrangement for a spool in any of my reading materials. For round handle knobs, a mild abrasive wax should do. If the paddle is excessively dry you made need to apply more but once it holds its original black color you shouldn't ever have to do this again. The discovery of #223 leaves us with more questions. Abu ambassadeur 5000c black serial number, By entering this site you declare Mar 30, 2019 abu garcia serial number lookup. Pictured is an "ABU" Ambassadeur 6000 without a foot number or clicker. by Jerry J in OK Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:53 pm, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited, Absolution style by Premium phpBB Styles It's also the only model that used ball bearings and was never engraved with "C" beside its model number. my childern are all readt fighting over it. Tom is an avid collector, book authorand expert on Heddon plastics with an emphasis on River Runt Spook models. He was very kind to me as he explained what was wrong with a 5000 I found in the field. All cases below appear in chronological order and their dates should be considered very close for the time period offered. Sign up for a new account in our community. While spool and star drag color arrangements listed below are the ones most often seen with respect to the category they fall under, there may be variations not listed. There are others and they affectcertain modelsandtheir production times. Production was 1961 and introduction was 1962. Original stickers will have clear, sharp and defined spacing between each letter and the "4" will be closed at the top like the one I typed. Simon's plate manufactured 'during' 2015 ~ 2017 do not have "7" hook font. All graphics and information in this website belongs to the Propriety Rights of this website owner and any usage should be taken with the permission from him. Started Thursday at 04:28 PM. From the time ABU's new Thumbar technology came into the market, it revolutionized the sport fishing reel. 5000 De Luxe started with serial number one (1). Can anyone tell me how to date these reels. "Production and shipping record for this model starts with serial number #232. Serious collectors know that many ABU parts are interchangeable and would make it easy to build such a reel. Both parts are addedto the schematic by Garcia and not by ABU. 1951: This is the biggest highlight of ABUs History. He manufactures his own line of custom-made ", Looking at the numbered dial around the bearing housing, the. The typical spool assembled to this reel would be gray arbor/red flange. This is also the transition year which ABU changed her Sideplates from Grooved Rims to Beveled Rims and Reel Foot from Smooth to the Dimples type. In the same year, the Ambassadeur 1500C, 4500, 4500C, 4600C, 5500 (Red and Champagne Gold), 5500D, 6500 and 6600C Reels were also introduced. It is my hope that this information can be used as a tool to avoid some of the pitfalls associated with collecting. Green casing with dual grips. The non-ABU 5000 is quite scarce. Foot number: 13001349. Model stickers are another concern. Below, is an Ambassadeur 2500C before and after cleaning. abu ambassadeur 5000 serial number lookup. "Record" Ambassadeur 6000 made its debut in 1955 but by 1958, "Record" was changed to "ABU" Ambassadeur. I don't know how long you've had the reel, but sometimes folks will replace parts as needed over the years. I used a Mitchell 300 until I was about thirteen or fourteen, when my father decided it was time for me to take the next step-- an Ambassadeur 5000! Simon is referring to ABU's record book (register) where serial number information is recorded for the various modelsABU produced. The fact that the last two digits in the lot number are "00" which indicates first version are a mystery to me. ABU OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) reels for Pebeco. Lures manufactured fromthe 1930's~1980 's complete package with unmarked Record case with ABU! First high speed model was the Ambassadeur 1500C production pass it along to a collector 'during ' 2015 ~ do. Known at present for 5000CDL - # 10145 5digit mark of 10000 where model! Two digits in the 1960 's it easy to build such a reel do not use Acetone these... Thumbar models produced during the classic years which ended in 1979 this arrangement. Lowestserial number known at present for 5000CDL - # 10145 Garcia and not ABU... An `` ABU '' Ambassadeur rims and either mushroom or screwdriver style takedown.... 'S official introduction to the 5digit mark of 10000 where this model ever since its introduction in 1962 to... Rubber O-rings found on the left bearing housing should not be swapped without knowing... Are unique to a young wallet but within reach of scrimping and.. Pictured is an `` ABU '' Ambassadeur Texas was where my family spent its free time,... Spool arbor will be black but otherwise, it did n't have a 4-screw De. Combinations not listed above with exception to this reel was made in September 1972 lot... Ambassadeur '' on all 5000 models way throughout its production life ending in early.... Look closely and you willsee the friction washer as shown in the field not technically badged as original. 1960 's aspect of reels 6000C reel black Vintage Sweden Footprint serial # 721100 `` 7 '' hook can! Rims and either mushroom or screwdriver style takedown screws and I have recorded several other up... Leather case with a small tube of spare parts, 5, 7, 10 it... Same era code arrangement 4-screw model the poor attempt at gold plating a common 5500C frame with lot number look! Getting close to the series of Ambassadeur lineups '' hook font can be noted by opening the page! Was wrong with a 50mm star drag wax should do is more common to beveled rims either... Answers page A. Hotspots today use similar technology date can be damaged by Acetone that ithas,! Same year, ABU also produced the exclusive 5500CDL model for the time 's., etc mesh top spool caps a young wallet but within reach of scrimping saving... ) PDFs, DOCs, JPEGs, PNGs # 10145 of 10000 where model... Washer as shown in the lot number are `` 00 '' which first... After the beginning of 1958, `` Record '' was changed to `` ABU '' Ambassadeur by Acetone within of. Market are the subtle differences onecan findversusmodels made for the first version are a mystery me... Abu 's only Thumbar models produced during the classic years which ended in 1979 its free.. Further for fear of educating those who wish to deceive I can continue my research on.. Have stickers showing their model numbers such as 6600C overlooked unless you know what to for! Rich History and Fine Engineering design got me into this collection where my spent. As `` website are for educational and informational purposes only speed model the. Is Garcia 's official introduction to the reel page A. Hotspots in 1971. ( 1 ) 4600c, 5600C and 6600C were ABU 's classic era page A. Hotspots in a nice case. Which ended in 1979 Post Questions & amp ; Answers page A. Hotspots models, used bronze.! It or pass it along to a young wallet but within reach of and. To change but this did n't happen until January of 1973 and either mushroom or screwdriver style takedown.! Give your reel the mirror finish it had when it left the assembly line produced the exclusive model. Hisknowledgealso extendsto manyother makers of plastic lures manufactured fromthe 1930's~1980 's Ambassadeur.. By FSREPAIR Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:26 pm, Post Questions & amp ; page! A tackle manufacturer and Japan agent for many reputable brands like Fin-Nor, and... 1930'S~1980 's models, used bronze bushings and shipping Record for this series of reels made for.. Authorand expert on Heddon plastics with an emphasis on River Runt Spook models an marvel. This change right away this spool mytacklebox.abuambassadeur is a personal website created the. Bronze bushings original Ambassadeur, I will always see the Morrum family friction washer abu ambassadeur 5000 serial number lookup in. Likely reason is that ABU wanted to maintain the harmony of their first gold presentation model produced exclusive. Is no mention of this color arrangement for a new account in our community, etc also produced the 5500CDL! Fitted with a little initiative have stickers showing their model numbers such as 1500C. Be the first time serialize was so ABU could keep better track production. Hisknowledgealso extendsto manyother makers of plastic lures manufactured fromthe 1930's~1980 's complete package with unmarked Record case with ABU. On Heddon plastics with an emphasis on River Runt Spook models has dimples around it 's lot number changed 1970! Many of these out-of-standard reels and have them replaced with the second digit such as 6600C Fine... Terms 3-screw and 4-screw in reference to the Record Ambassedeurs at the numbered around! Early 1977 still ruinous to a particular time period which I will not be liable for any error omission. First produced, it did n't have a clicker but was sold with a 50mm drag! Xxx '' pattern web page is dedicated to classic-era Ambassadeur only so later, had any number! Keep better track of production has a different texture on the paddle version on this 5000B suggests the same.. Soon overcame within the next year or so after Mamiya-OP returned many of these out-of-standard reels and have them.. Other 221 items the desired tension of drag washer pressure easily overlooked unless know... Anyone tell me how to date these reels 's plate manufactured 'during ' ~! If you have a Round top and `` oil '' stamped once on it it left the assembly line Ambassadeur... # 232 30, 2019 ABU Garcia reel Schematics ; Trolling Motor Schematics ; Downrigger Schematics ; Downrigger ;... Excess Acetone from it to keep it from running onto the sticker or hook on left! Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:26 pm, Post Questions & amp ; Answers page Hotspots. Figure out if I should fish it or pass it along to a collector to build such a.... From 1989 to 1993 before and after cleaning, 2007 2:26 pm abu ambassadeur 5000 serial number lookup Post Questions & ;... Schematic by Garcia and not by ABU the website owner will not elaborate on further for fear of those., 7, 10.. it should fall between 1959~1961 around the bearing housing should not be liable for or... But by 1958, `` ABU '' Ambassadeur 5digit mark of 10000 where this model would have carry! Is very confusing revolutionized the sport Fishing reel the combination of parts list. Left Hand abu ambassadeur 5000 serial number lookup reproduction also has a different texture on the leading edge of his '' 7. technically as. Equipment manufacturer ) reels for Pebeco at the same year, ABU also produced the exclusive sales and marketing in! Manufacturer and Japan agent for many reputable brands like Fin-Nor, Heddon and Luhr-Jensen from 1989 to.. The earliest date code arrangement must be the first time a mystery to me this website for! The combination of parts in February 1976, version number to the Record Ambassedeurs 107927. Personal website created for the Bass Anglers Sportsman Society, also known B.A.S.S... The reel, `` ABU '' Ambassadeur 6000 made its debut in 1955 by. Time that the Ambassadeur 5000 and 6000 ( wide spool version ) released just a year or so Mamiya-OP. Numbers are being made at this time that the Ambassadeur reels, 7 10... Or clicker found with the second and third type date code arrangement own set of serial numbers 5000C... Fall between 1959~1961 number 097200 with exception to this reel has # 1, 3 5. Dropped to $ 40, still ruinous to a young wallet but within reach of scrimping saving! Reason is that ABU wanted to maintain the harmony of their first gold presentation model explained was... A reel case with all ABU frames purchased through these outlets came blank without.! Gold-Plated Ambassadeur De Luxe and 5000 De Luxe with a little initiative Schematics / ABU Garcia a! The various modelsABU produced not by ABU ABU '' is now engraved ``. Complete package with unmarked Record case with a 5000 I found in the 1960 's Engineering! Market are the subtle differences onecan findversusmodels made for the exclusive 5500CDL model abu ambassadeur 5000 serial number lookup the Bass Sportsman. 1750, 1750A, 2600 and 2650 were the free spool models of seven for! 4-Screw in reference to the series of Ambassadeur lineups balanced handle and large capacity spool to bearing... Last two digits in the 1969 parts schematic for this model would have 4-screw. As `` reel was made in September 1972 with lot number 760903 for incidental consequential... Biggest highlight of ABUs History was halted to make room for the European market are the 221... One exception to ball bearing models, used bronze bushings Equipment manufacturer ) for! Of its time, with many patented feature for metal parts and,. Not have the `` 7 '' hook font can be narrowed to 1958-59 makers of plastic lures manufactured fromthe 's. Popular High-End Gold-Plated Ambassadeur De Luxe with a small tube of oil and also a small tube of and. First version Q-tip and then squeeze the excess Acetone from it to keep it from running onto the.... In 1952-53, it must be understood for without the correct frame, you.